Arctic Cat Wildcat side x side

tsg

Anyone have or have ridden an Arctic Cat Wildcat 50" wide side x side? 700 EFI engine model. They are blowing out 14 models at great prices, and would appreciate any input. I know the Polaris Razors are excellent vehicles and better, but the price for these cats is SIGNIFICANTLY less, even less than a 570 Razor. Reviews are favorable as well. Have a Polaris Sportsmans and Kawasaki Brute now, but looking for a side x side to just screw around with in both winter and summer. Disclaimer: I am not a big ATV rider, but have them to have some year round fun and get around town, since we are located in a very ATV friendly town. Thanks!

jjlrrw

I am also looking at a sxs, could I ask what type of prices are you finding? PM if you would rather keep it off the public forum

LoveMyDobe

We took our 74 yrs old friend who is looking to buy the Wildcat, she is sold on Artic Cat, IMO the RZR which we own has a lot more things about it I like than the Cat. She will be spending more to add-on, upgrade than we did on our RZR, Just my 2 cents. (although we spent a grand on the roof with stereo)!

tsg

Not too sure how to PM, but 2014 standard trails in the high $ 8's, and the XT trails about 900 more. Several AC dealers in NE Wisconsin have 2014's left. All Razors I have looked at have been significantly higher, even the 570's. Never have owned any Cat products and dealers are all about 60 miles away from my cottage, but hope is that I would not get a lemon. Have a lot of recreational products, and confident that most are of good quality regardless of brand. Still would like to get some actual feedback about the wildcat's if any is out there.

tsg

Thanks LMD. As my original post stated, just looking to get into a SXS to screw around, not spend a ton of seat time on it, or any money on extras. The Cat's appear to be a better deal, not necessarily a better product. Any idea about the ride, durability, and without being biased, what are some of the things the Razor has which are better?

LoveMyDobe

Sorry, never drove/rode the Artic Cat, I should have when we had friends that had one riding with us. The RZR had better and more storage which we need for our many rides.. One thing I can
say about the Wildcat___Love the sporty looking green colors! But we eat and breathe Polaris in everything we own. If you are not doing any serious seat time, go with the less $$, good luck
and don't forget the doggie goggles.

Attachments

• Photo06261129_1.jpg
    Photo06261129_1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 50

eagle1

Curious how well sxs do in snow? Like out on a lake in say 6" or 8" of snow.
Just thinking maybe sxs instead of new sled if I could use it screw around on a lake in winter.

tsg

I started the initial thread and ended up buying a Polaris Razor a few weeks ago. Short of it was I bought the Polaris because of more room in the cab, which was important to me. I have used it on our lake with good snow cover, and it works well. Occasionally gets hung up, but it has moved through everything thus far. Somewhat the same as an ATV. Depending on your background, riding a sled is still the best for me. Although I have a SXS and ATV's, the enjoyment of throwing a sled around and maneuvering it around, through the woods, etc....is what I prefer. Good luck.

cuzzinolaf

I rode in the Wildcat 700 last year and it is more than capable. I think the only thing bad I remember is that the cab is smaller than I'd like to be. It didn't help that I'm a decent size guy and the driver is about the size of a gorilla LMAO, sorry Chad.

eagle1

Thanks tsg. Congrats on your purchase.
I here ya on sleds being more fun. But with price and amount time have to use them getting hard to justify for me. Atv/utv could use for ice fishing or fun on lake plus fall and spring runs to the UP.
Spent most of night watching u tube videos of atv, utv's in snow. Now im thinking used atv and buy track kit. Lol
Just spinning ideas at this point. Who knows maybe I'll end up on sled after seeing the 2016's.

srt20

My rzr will not get stuck until it high sides. Frame hung. Otherwise it just keeps digging. My ground clearance is about 13". So ~13" is when it gets stuck. If I'm plowing it obviously stop pushing if I get to much of a pile.

I've never used tracks on a UTV before, but have heard that they ROB HP big time. I don't think I would ever use tracks unless I was offtrail riding in the UP.

eagle1

That's good to hear about not getting stuck. What model do you have? Eps? Trail ride?
I kinda figured tracks killed hp, could tell just by watching vids. But sure looked like fun going thru deep snow. Think would be blast out in Kingston Plains.
Checking out Polaris site today. Boy things can get $$ fast. Lol

srt20

That's good to hear about not getting stuck. What model do you have? Eps? Trail ride?
I kinda figured tracks killed hp, could tell just by watching vids. But sure looked like fun going thru deep snow. Think would be blast out in Kingston Plains.
Checking out Polaris site today. Boy things can get $$ fast. Lol
I have a 2011 800 LE. No EPS, though I will not buy another without it. Yeah I mainly trail ride it. Only in summer. We have a camp site NE of Antigo, and usually just leave it there all summer. No trails worth riding down here.
To be totally honest though, it's fun in winter for about 30 mins. Then I'm ready for the snowmobiles. If I could only afford a UTV or a sled, I would hands down pick the UTV and just deal with it in winter.

Yeah the prices of accessories, factory or aftermarket, for UTVs is stupid expensive. It's called "RZR TAX" on the Rzr forums. I have mine setup the way I want, and now I have to get a 4 seater soon. Growing family.....LOL.

tsg

I test rode ones with EPS and ones without, and I am glad I bought the EPS. Minimal seat time to now, but really nice and easy to steer, plus will help with resale. There are currently really good deals on remaining 2014's, both AC and Polaris. I bought my 14 Polaris with EPS for less then 15 basic models. Not sure where you are located, but check Craigslist's and dealers in WI and MN, and you can still find really good deals. Only accessories I went with were windshield and roof. Still a sled guy, and would rather be on the water in the summer instead of eating dust. No doubt if you could have only one thing, a SXS makes the most sense for year round use, just not as much fun to me as a sled.

eagle1

Thanks to some guys from Team Motorsports I got to ride in rzr 900s out on lake today. Very impressive! Acceleration really surprised me.
Also sounds like theyll fit in my trailer if you ratchet the rear down a bit.
Day before was at Doo dealer checking out sleds.....hmmm choices.:rolleyes: