Are you old enough to have had a GOOD Tombstone pizza?

snobuilder

snobuilder, I hear that, and I'm with you;)! My daughter in law is employed at Kraft Heinz, and has a very lofty position in Quality Control, and production. She deals in all kinds of their products. Perhaps this is a surprise, even to me, but for several years now, they have really been trying to improve their products, brands. Yes it is a Giant Corp, but they are trying. We get samples to taste test! I will bring this Tombstone taste issue up to her? No promises, but perhaps we, snobuilder, we'll get your wish. (y) As I too remember the good old, original tasting Tombstone pizza. Ah, yes, Medford, Sconny, eh! :)
Edit; Ahhhh, seems as we are out of luck snobuilder after reading Gary's very interesting post! I will be trying Peps pizza! Ive seen them, but never had one. Heather also says Jacks, and DiGiorno pizza are also part of Nestle Foods?
Yes I saw Nestles on the tombstone pkg....All step bros in corp America....LOL....again....all we need to do is follow the money.....cut corners and save a penny a piece

eagle1

Yup....they wrecked Orv's pizza too. Pretty much stick to Lottsa Mottsa for frozen a pizzas now days.

united

snobuilder, I hear that, and I'm with you;)! My daughter in law is employed at Kraft Heinz, and has a very lofty position in Quality Control, and production. She deals in all kinds of their products. Perhaps this is a surprise, even to me, but for several years now, they have really been trying to improve their products, brands. Yes it is a Giant Corp, but they are trying. We get samples to taste test! I will bring this Tombstone taste issue up to her? No promises, but perhaps we, snobuilder, we'll get your wish. (y) As I too remember the good old, original tasting Tombstone pizza. Ah, yes, Medford, Sconny, eh! :)
Edit; Ahhhh, seems as we are out of luck snobuilder after reading Gary's very interesting post! I will be trying Peps pizza! Ive seen them, but never had one. Heather also says Jacks, and DiGiorno pizza are also part of Nestle Foods?
Was going to post Jack's but see you already mentioned.

snobuilder

They bought 'em up and rectum.

To me it seems that we have a whole generation or 2, now, that have been sold a lot of bread with a thin brush of toppings and were told it is pizza.

The only dominos pizza I kind of liked was one called ...not sure , but maybe Philly cheese steak?

Last edited:

snomoman

I always rate my pizzas by the degree of flatulence provided, if they’re real good then a “Dutch oven” is in the future for my poor already suffering wife …..ha ha

Last edited:

chunk06

I remember eating Roma pizza when i was a kid and thinking it was good, then they went downhill. I think it was called Magic Crust? I see guys all the time spending their Menards 11% on groceries, some of the prices are pretty good.

mezz

I too am old enough, sort of sadly, but, I use to love Tombstone. Unfortunately they are not the same as they use to be. Jacks are OK, Lotzza Motzza is pretty darn good, Debaker Farms make a real good one as well, though I don't know how far they are distributed, they are a family owned U.P. Dairy Farm located in Escanaba.

Last edited: