At least somebody is getting some snow...

Polarice

Yep you may as well pack it up if you're thinking OH will have snow. I left my sleds at the cabin where they will stay as long as I own them.

06YamVect

In my neck of the woods (Northwest, OH) you can count on one decent day of riding a year, and anything after that is a gift from the man upstairs. The only reason I own a sled is to go North and ride. Riding around home is nothing more than putting around in a field. If you get too carried away you may be surprised to find a fence post or a deep ditch blown over and that spells disaster. I personally know more people than one hand can count that have either killed themselves or were badly injured by having accidents that are a result of the many obstacales we see around here. I am not saying accidents don't happen up North, but the highway systems for trails make it much easier to ride a little safer.

Polarice

In my neck of the woods (Northwest, OH) you can count on one decent day of riding a year, and anything after that is a gift from the man upstairs. The only reason I own a sled is to go North and ride. Riding around home is nothing more than putting around in a field. If you get too carried away you may be surprised to find a fence post or a deep ditch blown over and that spells disaster. I personally know more people than one hand can count that have either killed themselves or were badly injured by having accidents that are a result of the many obstacales we see around here. I am not saying accidents don't happen up North, but the highway systems for trails make it much easier to ride a little safer.

I agree totally. Unless the Portage river is froze riding can be a major disaster. Even then the only thing to do is drive from bar to bar. Which I think is one of the biggest waste of times that I can think of. Drinking when I get done is always the better option than wrecking expensive sleds or getting injured. Ohio is just a joke. I tend to laugh at the guys that buy expensive sleds just to ride in OH and don't even go north. I just don't get it. To each their own I guess.

Let me know if you want to meet up. I'm not that far from there. I'll be up on the 21st thru the 25th.

Sounds good. We're leaving the 20th after work and staying until the 27th. We're all from Elmore, Woodville and Genoa. We can exchange contact info by PM.