Atv riding near mercer wi

14snow

Can anyone give me an idea of what the trails are like near mercer.It will be my first time there on a quad and not a snowmobile.Any info would be great.

dragon_07

My family and I rode from Mercer to Hurley last year. The trails are like rail beds for the most part but there are some woods trails. If you are looking for a place to stay, we stayed at Northern Exposure in Mercer and were very happy with our stay. Clean rooms, reasonable rates, and friendly people.

rjohnz22

Get the atv pdf map, I believe you can get it off the Hurley Chamber of Commerce web site somewhere. Trails are mostly road travel. The in the woods trails would be 6 and 8. Trail 8 is no longer extreme, they filled in all the mud holes (dont get me started on that subject). But still a nice trail to ride. Also check out the water fall off trail 13. Trail 13 to the waterfall also just got widened (ruined) for some reason but the waterfall is worth it. Also ride to island lake, either Bear Chasers or Willies for a drink and food.

1renagade

They are making our trails wider for safety reasons and they filled in the deep holes or put culverts in to stop wetland polution. Trail 6,7 and 2 are also very good trails to ride.

markshop

They are making our trails wider for safety reasons and they filled in the deep holes or put culverts in to stop wetland polution. Trail 6,7 and 2 are also very good trails to ride.

Also atvs that visit iron county trail system are way down due to making the trails un interesting. While other countys are making mud play areas. Very big mistake on iron counties dicision.

14snow

We stayed at the nites inn northern exposure and it was great.It was my first time up there on an atv and I wasnt 100% impressed.The trails were not marked very well annd most of the riding was on gravel roads.We went on to the park falls area and that is a spot I would go back to.

rjohnz22

I have rode Iron Co the last three years and almost every other trail system in the sate of WI. Not to start an arugment but these wide "safe" gravel roads I can ride at home in central IL and save myself the 8 hour drive. No matter what your opinion is on what makes a good trail, here is one fact; Evertime I rode Iron Co you can ride all day and see no one on the trails, but as soon as you run trail 8 you run into three other groups.. Every time you see people at the waterfall they ask the question "hey did you run trial 8? how was it?"....

I still go there to snowmobile but I go to TN, KY, and WV to ride atv's now.

markshop

I have rode Iron Co the last three years and almost every other trail system in the sate of WI. Not to start an arugment but these wide "safe" gravel roads I can ride at home in central IL and save myself the 8 hour drive. No matter what your opinion is on what makes a good trail, here is one fact; Evertime I rode Iron Co you can ride all day and see no one on the trails, but as soon as you run trail 8 you run into three other groups.. Every time you see people at the waterfall they ask the question "hey did you run trial 8? how was it?"....

I still go there to snowmobile but I go to TN, KY, and WV to ride atv's now.

My exact point Iron county is cutting its own throat. Too safe means un interesting and atvs go elsewhere.