Baby back ribs

mtb1115

I'm just wondering where the best ribs are in the Minocqua area. I have tried many and most are real good but I know I can do better but I still enjoy them.

meathead

mtb1115..ribs

I'm just wondering where the best ribs are in the Minocqua area. I have tried many and most are real good but I know I can do better but I still enjoy them.

as a meatcutter for 37 yrs i truely feel the difference is in the sauce ..if you parbroil... if you bake ..if you ssslllooowww cook...which i have heard does help.. but again it is in the sauce...just my thoughts and apppetite..mouth is waterin... meathead

meathead

j-d by the way your recipe?

as a meatcutter for 37 yrs i truely feel the difference is in the sauce ..if you parbroil... If you bake ..if you ssslllooowww cook...which i have heard does help.. But again it is in the sauce...just my thoughts and apppetite..mouth is waterin... Meathead
jd i hear make a mean pulled pork ...as a co-hort to the grill ill bring the steaks..lol...lol...meathead

ezra

for good bbq head about 2000mi south to the town of lockhart TX the TX capital of BBQ.home of Kreuz they dont eaven offer sauce un real briskit all served on brown paper.I have spent the money for next day delivery for a party.then they have smittys market same family both been around for about 100 yrs completly diff style of bbq .then the chisolm trail and also Blacks BBQ Lyndon Johnsons fav BBQ .get close to Austen more than worth the drive.the best I eaver had was some crap hole trailer some place around the Trent Jones golf corse in Mobile was with wife down there for some hunting video meating of hers with Jackie Bushman and he took me there after a few drinks one night

Last edited:

mtb1115

Yes, I would love to travel and go to the places you see on the tv food shows. And I do make some awsome BBQ from ribs to brisket to Boston butts to fresh ham or turkey, chicken, tender loins, tip roast, leg of lamb and home made bacon but I do like to get lazy here and there and I always hope to find new ideas.... Darn I'm getting hungry again... LOL

tritonmark

Ribs

Agree the sauce is the secret to great ribs----- Try this also, I cut the ribs in 3 or 4 pieces- a few slabs depending on how many people. Boil them with coke " pop" and water. The sugar from the pop helps sweeten them and kills any game taste, boil for 1 plus hour and then grill with your sauce, Love the sweet baby rays,also add a little brown sugar , grind up alot of pepercorn and a little mustard. The ribs even if over grilled will fall off the bone and remain tender when heated up.

The Apostate

Marty's Supper Club just outside of town on 51 has some pretty damn good ribs. That might be considered Arbor Vitae but it's close enough to be worth the drive/ride. It's real nice joint to boot.