backyard critters

mrbb

if anyone cars to see some pic's

the past few days here I have been getting a few active bears about my place, so far all younger one's and a smaller one's

Last yr I had them out feb 2 nd, so a little later this yr than last, but last yr they were super early and didn;t den much at all, as they were out till first week in Jan, and then back out Feb 2 nd

this past yr(2018-2019) I had one small make still out up till third week in Jan
all these crazy temp swings sure has them all messed up it seems

as typically here in MY area, bears should be denned up by late dec and not out till April
I average about 18 different bears a yr here that I can TELL apart, some yrs more, some yrs less, but lots of them here for sure

40+ yrs here and NEVER had any damage from them either!

we seem to get along pretty well here, with em! LOL

time on cam is off am/pm and odds are clock hour just not exact, I never remember to reset when adding new battery's or ?? but just put cam out 5 days ago so, there all new pic's!

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 77
  • 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 103

mrbb

right now its some dropped bird seeds from the feeders, they cannot get to the feeders, way too high, but they do find a few that fall out from the birds on my deck
test of the yr its a combination, of the food plots I have, the bigger one's behind me the hunting clubs has, and or the fruit on my/there fruit tree's/blue berry's and other foods all about my place
but there seems to be a very long time travel route these bears use yr after yr that runs thru my place ,as I get and have been having bears yr all the time, long before I had food plots
and honestly bears tend to seem to feel really safe here, I have them sleeping in my yard all the time!
they eat till full I guess on the food plots and then nap here, as of RIGHT now, this one is on my deck taking a nap LOL
Best security system I can find LOL

but this is a small male maybe 140 lbs, showed up last yr after getting kicked out from it mom, been following a smaller female like a shadow ever since, I have some that have been coming by my place for 11+ yrs, that I can ID
its again, just a very BEAR rich area of the state and I have a few thousand acres of land behind my place and more across the street from me, very secluded area!
I get all sorts of critters here all the time! but this pic I just took 5 minutes ago
cat napping on my deck, you can see a few sunflower seeds in front of his nose, that fell from feeder, I bet he's dreaming about em too, or guarding them LOL

Attachments

• lazy french fry.jpg
    lazy french fry.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 82

mrbb

Get a selfie with them or this thread is worthless.....LOL

HAHA, well I don't do selfie's
but here is one of my regulars, showed up as a an orphaned cub, and I helped it get thru its first yr, got in between a bunch of other bears that were trying to kill it .
mother nature can be pretty cruel at times
and she sort of grown to find I meant her no harm!, she would hang out here on my deck for hours, as she grew up she would stop by now and then and still come over and see me if I was outside,
I been lucky I guess to see her life unfold, at age 3 she was hit by a car, had a broken compound fracture on her right rear ankle, that I helped fix, she then had 3 cubs that yr, but sadly lost all three, 2 hit by a vehicle AFTER the state trapped her and one cub
relocated her 25+ miles away, and 6 months later she showed back up minus the last cub
following yr, she had a single cub
got trapped again,15 miles from me, and was relocated 80 miles away
took her 5 months to make it back after that! LOL
and last time I seen her, was this past Nov, so not sure if she made it thru hunting season or not>
A little FYI here for you folks, I have actual bear experience, I worked with one of the greatest bear biologist in the world, I helped the state for yrs , find trap, tag, relocate and even
re hab many many many bears
I don't suggest anyone do what I do about them, but I can sure say bears and humans can get along a lot better than most folks think!

but here is a pic of me sitting on my deck with the bear mentioned above, last summer!(her cub was up a tree the whole time 20 yards away or so)
and I'll throw in a pic of her injury she had from being hit by the vehicle?
MOST bears I have had in my yard at once has been 9 too by the way, and that was on a very good apple yr,
as I said, I have LOT of bears and other critters here on a daily basis
but still no BIG FOOTS LOL
I spent a lot of time outside here, and most wild animals tend to adjust to me being out there, as time passes, many get pretty comfortable with me, and or when I had my dog, from bears on down in size
My dog was one in a million too I think, he also got along with every critter to, and they never bothered him at all either, bears included

Attachments

• peanut on deck.jpg
    peanut on deck.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 94
  • peanut boo boo.jpg
    peanut boo boo.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 93
  • buster turkey 3.jpg
    buster turkey 3.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 79
  • buster turkey 1.jpg
    buster turkey 1.jpg