Badger Motel Iron Belt WI

olsmann

Anyone ever stay here? Rates are great but cant find any info good or bad. Got room for New years. I realize its bare bones accommodations butr just wondering if I should worry seeing as how the wife is with this trip?

snobuilder

edit due to not wanting anyone to read my previous post as applying to this place in particular.

post #10 explained a lot...... good luck to the new owners.

Last edited:

Northstar

I stayed there in the late 80's so my review is a little dated. Stayed there with the guys, back then it was a regular old motel but it had beds and heat which is all we were after back then. I do not think I would have ever brought the wife there but then a whole lot could have changed in the last 30 years.

old abe

We used to stay there in late 70's, and 80's. Was nothing special, but always clean and warm. That's a long time back though. In those days we start out in Hayward, Wis and back pack to Copper Harbor. In those days snow was a given in Hayward. Not the case anymore. The whole western side of Wis is some of the best riding anywhere if they have good snow!!! But it seems as times change?????????

srt20

We used to stay there in late 70's, and 80's. Was nothing special, but always clean and warm. That's a long time back though. In those days we start out in Hayward, Wis and back pack to Copper Harbor. In those days snow was a given in Hayward. Not the case anymore. The whole western side of Wis is some of the best riding anywhere if they have good snow!!! But it seems as times change?????????

pretty amazing that a 70s-early 80s sled could make it that far without breaking down at least once.

skidont

There is new owners couple years ago , very nice people . is a nice little place with decent rooms and walking distance to Joanies sidekicks bar / restaurant . when we stayed they had just begun to start a overhaul of the place , trail is across the street

old abe

pretty amazing that a 70s-early 80s sled could make it that far without breaking down at least once.

You are right on. We had some issues from time to time. Track grousers, clutches, steering parts, idler wheels, ignitions, and so on. But we generally always got the sleds back to the starting point. Navigating the U.P. trails was the largest challenge. They where some what very primitive to what we where used to in Wis. But we sure enjoyed ourselves for sure!!! We had Poo, AC, and Deere's.

Last edited: