Baldwin,Irons,Cadilac

sledneck

Fishweb reports good riding and base but just curious if any one had been up there and riding or live around the area. Help me decide if I want to head up this weekend.

polarisrider1

Well we got 38 degrees and rain here in lovely downtown irons. I got one heck of a wet mess to move out of the driveway, so the propane truck can get into my place.

sledneck

Do you think the trails held up today? or are they a big mess to? Still raining or has it turned to snow?
Not sure if some of the girls in the group are off trail capable.

Thanks Sledneck

polarisrider1

No shortage of sleds. Snow cone conditions light misty rain and hundreds of snowmobiles out. Supposed to get cold and start snowing pretty heavy once it gets dark. Got a good 18 inches on the ground

polarisrider1

Thanks Polarisrider1. Guess Ill talk with my buddies and see what they say.

It's cooling down here pretty fast. Calling for 6" of fresh by Sunday night. Going to get a great base but ground is not froze, my snow thrower sent most my driveway into the woods.

sledneck

Well we came up, trails where fair, with some sections poor, other sections great, just depended on the area I thought. Needless to say had a blast still put on 131 miles day 1, and 55 miles half of the day sunday and then headed home.

polarisrider1

Bear swamp trail is closed until the swamp freezes up. The trail to Nahtaka is actually a road (6 mile) and they plow it shoulder to shoulder. I heard we got another 6-12" today.

polarisrider1

Bear swamp is now open. They filled some of the sink holes but is not getting groomed. Trail open to Hedihof on Freesoil. Skinner park staging area is under used. Great place to stage. Club 37 parking lot also a good staging area.