baldwin michigan trails

alley mechanic

hello all I have a question about Baldwin Michigan snowmobile trail I have never been there, we have always gone to st germain when the Edwards burg trails didn't have any snow, I live in Elkhart in and the drive to st germain is a long one since we are the upper age bracket so my wife says lets go to northen lower Michigan Baldwin so I would like to know I any body can give me a opinion on baldwin trails pit stops places to stay , this area would be right at our back compared to the long drive to st germain wis, thank you in advance for any info . alley mechanic.

harvest1121

Trails are not bad fun to ride during the week. I would not go on a weekend just gets way too busy. Really never had an issue finding places to stop. Fishweb is a good site for information on that area.

saber1

From what i have heard and read trails are in fair shape up there with lots of wet spots if you have the time i would cross the Bridge and ride from Newberry north and west better trail conditions.

oatie

Wolfe Lake is a nice place to stay. Two motels. I've stayed in one. Clean but very small. Maybe they have some larger rooms. Lot's of trails around here, good place to ride.

Not a lot of trails in Baldwin unless you head north to Cadillac or west to Irons. Lots of two tracks and forest roads to explore everywhere which are awesome, but marked trails get beat up fast on the weekends. The more you explore the less you ride marked trails in this area. All legal if you know your way.

lofsfire

Here is a map of most of the trails in the area. Its older but it will give you a good starting point.

Weekends are no different than anywhere else. They do get busy but most of the clubs do a really good job when they have the snow to work with. The last two years Trail 3 (Wellston Area) has been really bad that I have heard locals complaining about it as well. I have ridden this area since 1999.
Ironsmap.jpg

FYI with the colors on the map it might be hard to see but the trail 3 in blue does connect to trail 3 in orange. (just different clubs) Also Trail 6 does connect to trail 614. So there are alot of different loops in the area to make you trip longer or shorter...

Lastly, if its you and the wife skip staying in Wolf Lake unless she is ok with a very old motel... It's more of a place that is "good enough" to stay at if you just want a room. If you go expecting more you will be disappointed.

alley mechanic

since baldwin Michigan is hurting for snow the wife and I went up to wolf lake motel without sleds to check it out and the area ,around it we stayed in one of there lake front units for a night very nice cozy and warm all we need for for next years trip owner was very nice too had dinner at club 37 and came home Monday just what we were looking for and 3 and a half hrs away.thank all of you for the combacks alley mechanic.