Barn find

Wiscon1

Hi Everyone,

Was talking to a older gentleman that was a farmer his entire life and this weekend he took me through his barn and showed me the things he has save forever. I found 1960's (late) Alaska Ski deluxe. I saw where they were built in the late 1960's by SMT Manufacture out of Quebec Canada. They made several models and used the Guidetti Engine. Can anyone tell me anything more about these machines and if I can get parts. It looks like it is in really nice shape with a perfect seat and hood.
Thanks for your help!

euphoric1

Barn finds are awesome!! have never heard of that one or the engine, do you have a pic you can post? interested in seeing it, you could reach out to skiroule on this site, maybe he can shed some light, seems very knowledgeable on vintage and antique sleds.

Wiscon1

Have several pictures just unsure how to attach them. I will try to figure it out today. First time posting pictures.

euphoric1

Just got a barn find of my own, not as rare as you're find. Just at customers place 1971 Skeeter Rampage that gas been sitting in garage for 30 years, seat perfect, engine free, opposed twin, under all the dust looks like paint in very good shape, decals all excellent, cant wait to pick it up!

skiroule

You've got a real gem there. Can't be many of those in existence any more. Looks like it will clean up nicely.

Just got a barn find of my own, not as rare as you're find. Just at customers place 1971 Skeeter Rampage that gas been sitting in garage for 30 years, seat perfect, engine free, opposed twin, under all the dust looks like paint in very good shape, decals all excellent, cant wait to pick it up!

Nice! I expect to see some photos in the vintage section.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
1971 Skeeter Rampage that has been sitting in garage for 30 years, seat perfect, engine free, opposed twin, under all the dust looks like paint in very good shape, decals all excellent

I met one of those on the trail a few years ago. The guy was having trouble with a vapor lock so it was giving him a lot of grief. A very unique engine design. We're gonna need some pictures when you get it home.