Bayfield county

Could really use more snow in the south and east parts of the county.

Not bad for what they had.

Stayed at Lakewoods resort cause we couldn't go north and turned south at Marengo.

I don't know if its the natural disasters or a lack of man power, but it seems like the peninsula doesn't have the same kinda trails it used to have. Alot of people riding forest roads.

Not in a hurry to ride there again.

Lakewoods was nice and the staff was great! Good sleddin resort!!

candyman

Winter Warlock;474301 "I don't know if its the natural disasters or a lack of man power said:
I totally agree with you, I told my wife last night this is the last time I ride trails like this! :friendly_wink:

woodside

I agree with you Candyman. Absolutely no way would I ride the trails and forest roads in Northern Bayfield County.

At least not until this afternoon!! See ya out there.:topsy_turvy:

vmax1994

Could really use more snow in the south and east parts of the county.

Not bad for what they had.

Stayed at Lakewoods resort cause we couldn't go north and turned south at Marengo.

I don't know if its the natural disasters or a lack of man power, but it seems like the peninsula doesn't have the same kinda trails it used to have. Alot of people riding forest roads.

Not in a hurry to ride there again.

Lakewoods was nice and the staff was great! Good sleddin resort!!

I think your problem was you tried to head north through Ashland County. If you would have headed over towards Drummond then north, I think you would have a different opinion. Given you didn't even make it up to the "peninsula", which I think most consider north of 2, not sure why your comments reference it.

G

G

So I take it there is still no trail 63 either. Wish they would get that back. Although once you get to Drummond the Horsepasture Grade is a nice way to go north. Or else go to Barnes and take the autobahn to Iron River.

woodside

Bayfield County covers a large area and is one of the largest counties in WI. Normally the Southern part, where Winter Warlock was based out of and then likely ended up in Ashland County, doesn't have the amount of snow nor riding conditions that the Northern part has. IMHO, Northern Bayfield County is one of the best, if not the best area to ride in Wisconsin. Especially this Winter as snow has been sparse to the south.

Ill informed statements like this "Not in a hurry to ride there again" may be relevant to where he was but do not represent the conditions for the vast majority of Bayfield County. There are many small business's that depend on snowmobilers and these type of ignorant statements can be harmful.

BTW, we rode today mostly on Forest Roads pushing up to 8" of fresh snow and smooth trails and will be doing the same again tomorrow. We saw 5 sleds all day.

candyman

Bayfield County covers a large area and is one of the largest counties in WI. Normally the Southern part, where Winter Warlock was based out of and then likely ended up in Ashland County, doesn't have the amount of snow nor riding conditions that the Northern part has. IMHO, Northern Bayfield County is one of the best, if not the best area to ride in Wisconsin. Especially this Winter as snow has been sparse to the south.

Ill informed statements like this "Not in a hurry to ride there again" may be relevant to where he was but do not represent the conditions for the vast majority of Bayfield County. There are many small business's that depend on snowmobilers and these type of ignorant statements can be harmful.

BTW, we rode today mostly on Forest Roads pushing up to 8" of fresh snow and smooth trails and will be doing the same again tomorrow. We saw 5 sleds all day.

Well said Woodside!�� Winter Warlock come stay at Woodside Cottages of Bayfield and ride with us and we will show you what this beautiful area has to offer. You won't be disappointed!

sorry couldn't get to your part by trail, it was disappointing for us to miss the better riding north. Just hard to get there from the east anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said Woodside!�� Winter Warlock come stay at Woodside Cottages of Bayfield and ride with us and we will show you what this beautiful area has to offer. You won't be disappointed!

would love to when theres more time to get there. Have been all over up there in past years seemed like the trail system around there was better in those days.

woodside

sorry couldn't get to your part by trail, it was disappointing for us to miss the better riding north. Just hard to get there from the east anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

would love to when theres more time to get there. Have been all over up there in past years seemed like the trail system around there was better in those days.

Since conditions can vary in Bayfield County, you may want to consider staying in the Northern Part of the county (north of Hwy2) where the conditions are usually better and traffic is much less. We live just west of Bayfield and normally stay north of Hwy2 but do venture south to Barnes of west to Brule a few times a season. Trips to Iron River are common for gas and food. The grid of FR's south of Iron River can be fun to ride after a dump of fresh snow.

The northern area has lost some trail access in the last 5-10 years particularly in the Port Wing and Herbster areas as well the trail closure into Bayfield. There may be more south of Hwy 2 but I am not certain of that.

Take up Candyman's offer. You won't be sorry as he will assure that you will get the best ride possible, not only on the trails, but on the extensive array of FR's and old logging roads that seldom see sleds.