Bayfield/Valhalla area

woodside

In spite of El Nino, we are doing OK up here. Snow depth is down but there is plenty out there to get a good ride. Our cottage guests will agree. Probably more snow west of Bayfield than any place in Wisconsin. And if John and the NWS is correct, we could pick up an additional 4-8" the next couple of days and possibly more later in the week.

Most of the pics here are on old logging and hunting roads. Not easy to find unless you know the area like we do. Anyone can follow the groomed trails which will vary from poor to excellent, depending on the trail and area. Grooming and fresh snow will help, especially the trails south of Valhalla towards Iron River and in the creek bottoms, and we should get both.

We have availability at our cottages for the coming week/weekend. Give us a call at 715-779-5600 and we will be happy ride with you. IMG_3653[1].jpg IMG_3649[1].jpg IMG_3647[1].jpg IMG_3637[1].jpg IMG_3633[1].jpg

bcorn

I agree we have some good snow around here you just need to know where it is,hook up with a local and they might show you.

woodside

Exactly! We often see folks riding in areas that we avoid. But you can't blame them as they are merely following the map and don't understand what the area offers. Sometimes I feel like saying, come along and ride with us!!

That's what we do here at www.woodsidecottages.com

sweeperguy

Exactly! We often see folks riding in areas that we avoid. But you can't blame them as they are merely following the map and don't understand what the area offers. Sometimes I feel like saying, come along and ride with us!!

That's what we do here at www.woodsidecottages.com

You could show me where to find the good riding😊 in the area. I'd even keep it to myself except for my 1 main riding partner. Sent info request to your website.

woodside

Got it Sweeper.

TR1 west of Bayfield to Mountain Rd is in need of brushing and more snow to fill in the holes and frozen over spots. Maybe this week. The groomer has not been through from Stage Rd to Mountain Rd and won't until the fall down is cleared.

Plus TR1 from Cornie to TR40 has not been groomed yet this Winter. Same problem with the trees and hanging branches. groomer.jpg groomer2.jpg

Advise not riding TR1.