Bear Chasers burns

Just got an e-mail from Mercer that said that Bear Chasers up on Island lake had burned to the ground. Don`t know any other details, but what a shame. Nice bar.

bearone

Bearchasers

The owners lived right next door. She was home and he was in Hurley. She heard an explosion and the top blew off. Fire was so hot it melted the siding on their house but she said good thing the wind was blowing the other way or they may have lost their house also. I too hope they rebuild. Good food and good times and great stop between Mercer and Joanies on ATV or Sled.

maddog24

Thats a shame! One of the nicer pit stops in the North Woods. Anyone know if the Island Lake Inn is still open?

snobuilder

That stinks!,...at least we had one last good time in there this past Feb. with our club trip ridin out of Lac du fire....it was a great sat lunch stop for us with burgers, beers and the bloodys were on tap,...what a great bar,....great food and service,....hope they rebuild, but those kinds of places are hard to replace....

Last edited:
I know they has two dogs that are typically in the bar I hope they were not in the bar when it exploded. I think they had two golden retrievers

Jackal

Willy's Island Lake Inn is still open, and I've also been informed by the Hurley Chamber that Bear Chasers will have some type of large tent set up at the Bear Chasers site during the Memorial Day ATV Rally and will be serving food and drinks, and also have some type of entertainment under the tent. I guess they are planning on rebuilding and hope to be somewhat open before snowmobile season. If I hear more I'll post in the future.

I asked the the people at the Hurley booth at the Milwaukee snow show and they said that they are not rebuilding.
Who knows if she was correct

Ok. Was just curious. I had read on snowmobile fanatics a post that was July 18th that there was a bunch of building material there covered with tarps. A sign that said will reopen asap. He said someone told him they were waiting on permits. Would be good to see them rebuild. Thanks Charlie

ubee

somebody out that way had generator running in basement during power outage and almost done himself in.80 yr old guy ,wonder if true ?