Bears & nfl

momoney2123

https://sportsmockery.com/2017/08/bears-insider-claims-mitch-trubisky-win-starting-job-outright/

“It would not stun me to have this kid really flash in preseason and win the job outright,” Mullin said of Trubisky. “I don’t think it’s going to happen but it wouldn’t stun me. You see them alongside each other, you see them trading off the reps and so forth. Trubisky’s got the ‘it’ factor. I’ve seen a lot of quarterbacks and this kid’s got something to him. You don’t see that with Glennon. This kid, when he’s on the field, kind of lights it up a little bit.”

Going to game Thursday looking forward to seeing him play

whitedust

I'll be watching live on NFL channel lots to check out with Da Bears and doubt any starters will play much so FA and Draftees will get a lot of work. Glenon has to play some maybe Q1? Shaw out bad ankle too bad but #4 ...he needs a chance to be a good back up in NFL... maybe 49ers? Howard won't get much time but other Rbs nicked up....maybe the FBs will play? Lots to sort out at WR and TE so maybe will just throw it around. Denver needs to sort out QB too none of them that good all #2s but their D is awesome. Happy to see Whitehair as #1 center he earned it and Grasiu will need to play guard or be traded since Kush out for the season with torn hammie. Bears finally have enough good depth to trade for quality needs whatever that maybe. Miami first public interview with Cutler didn't go so well thought he was sour not pumped to play QB for 10-13 million....typical Cutler...lol. The Fins should go to playoffs, Cutler back with Gase...*** is with this guy?...he never changes or learns from past mistakes.....I'm happy he is FINALLY gone from Da Bears. Too many coaches get sucked into Cutlers arm talent but dumb as **** on the field week to week recognizing what the D coverage is and why he gets picked so often. I hope Jay does well but Gase will bench him if he sucks and goes gun slinger on him.

momoney2123

I'll be watching live on NFL channel lots to check out with Da Bears and doubt any starters will play much so FA and Draftees will get a lot of work. Glenon has to play some maybe Q1? Shaw out bad ankle too bad but #4 ...he needs a chance to be a good back up in NFL... maybe 49ers? Howard won't get much time but other Rbs nicked up....maybe the FBs will play? Lots to sort out at WR and TE so maybe will just throw it around. Denver needs to sort out QB too none of them that good all #2s but their D is awesome. Happy to see Whitehair as #1 center he earned it and Grasiu will need to play guard or be traded since Kush out for the season with torn hammie. Bears finally have enough good depth to trade for quality needs whatever that maybe. Miami first public interview with Cutler didn't go so well thought he was sour not pumped to play QB for 10-13 million....typical Cutler...lol. The Fins should go to playoffs, Cutler back with Gase...*** is with this guy?...he never changes or learns from past mistakes.....I'm happy he is FINALLY gone from Da Bears. Too many coaches get sucked into Cutlers arm talent but dumb as **** on the field week to week recognizing what the D coverage is and why he gets picked so often. I hope Jay does well but Gase will bench him if he sucks and goes gun slinger on him.

I just don't get that vibe from him like you do. He isn't a rah rah guy. which I think is a good thing. I wish him well.

More excited about the future QB of the bears. everyone seems to think he's go it.

whitedust

I just don't get that vibe from him like you do. He isn't a rah rah guy. which I think is a good thing. I wish him well.

More excited about the future QB of the bears. everyone seems to think he's go it.

A #2 and gave up a lot to get Trubisky... I'm very hopeful but so far no opinion regarding pushing him to start. If he needs time why not give it to him give him 8 games see what Glennon can do too? Last thing I want to happen is to get Trubisky hurt and second 8 games much more reasonable competition. Maybe I'll feel differently after the Denver game see how Trusbisky does in a real game to Glennon.

As far as Cutler goes HLN news rebroadcasted the interview their opinion he was very low key and flat about joining the Fins imo it was typical stare at the floor Jay. LOL... Just Jay being Jay but he knows that has not worked in his favor so pump yourself up a bit to meet your new town give Gase a break from that image as well. IDK seemed stupid to me same old dour Jay. lol UGH!

momoney2123

Cant try to be somebody your not. Jay isn't gonna do that. I think he will actually have a good year. prolly not great but good.

Don't have super high expectations going into trubiskys very first pre-season game. but if he is the best player by week 1 of regular season, you start him. If glennon is best you start him. IMO it really is that simple. Can't hold people back for fear of getting hurt.

whitedust

Cant try to be somebody your not. Jay isn't gonna do that. I think he will actually have a good year. prolly not great but good.

Don't have super high expectations going into trubiskys very first pre-season game. but if he is the best player by week 1 of regular season, you start him. If glennon is best you start him. IMO it really is that simple. Can't hold people back for fear of getting hurt.

Fox doesn't like rookies but will roll with best player. LA held out Geoff and didn't get much better with game time...maybe he is a bust but would have been wrong to start him he didn't have a clue about NFL coverages imo ...a deer in the headlights. Trubisky will get his chance so will Glennon but until I see them play it is even... no opinion yet. O & D plain Jane in preseason no game plan just run plays see how it goes... I just hope it is not a compete bore and QBs get to throw dink and dunk + downfield to see some strong arms but Denver D can bust up QBs. Cohen should be exciting in space on the dinks. I do think a talented QB shines in first year Favre, Ryan the Eagles kid QB ..can't think of his name now but was good from get go. If Trubisky plays like them as QB rookies start him...but I have to see it in preseason.

whitedust

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/08/bears-media-unanimous-that-adam-shaheen-will-be-a-star/

sounds like what they were thinking with shaheen. Man if trubisky pans out the bears are gona be a force. howard...shaheen...trubisky...

Time will tell if these kids can play and this was the year of the TE and dbacks. Very exciting to see the game Thursday on 212 live should be lots of Bear fan interest just hope things work out. Shaheen is a monster and maybe a find who knows until he gets busted a few times with a bit of smashmouth NFL football same with Cohen on the small end can they both take the big hits and run angry? IDk but will see in preseason if they can do it at the NFL level many can... many can not let's see what Pace put on the field? At least we have hope this year for lots of improvement with FA and rookies + return of injured stars bodes well for now. :)

momoney2123

“When he has the ball in his hands, you see the raw talent Trubisky possesses, but it’s everything that happens between the whistle and the snap (getting the play call, relaying the play call efficiently in the huddle, getting everyone lined up, reading the defense, identifying/changing the protection, and executing a clean snap) that is still a work in progress.

None of this is surprising. Trubisky played in a shotgun offense, with plenty of no-huddle and protections that were relayed from the sideline after everybody was lined up. You can’t just walk into the NFL and run an offense smoothly if you’ve never executed the required elements before — no matter how talented you are.

But to be clear: it would be inaccurate to say that Trubisky is struggling with his adjustment to a pro-style offense. Sure, there have been too many balls on the ground and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains has had to order Trubisky to re-huddle every once in a while, but the quarterback seems to be getting more comfortable each day, which is encouraging.”

Looking forward to seeing how trubisky handles the huddle tonight and how he looks under center. I expect some mistakes which I think can be a good thing to learn from.

whitedust

“When he has the ball in his hands, you see the raw talent Trubisky possesses, but it’s everything that happens between the whistle and the snap (getting the play call, relaying the play call efficiently in the huddle, getting everyone lined up, reading the defense, identifying/changing the protection, and executing a clean snap) that is still a work in progress.

None of this is surprising. Trubisky played in a shotgun offense, with plenty of no-huddle and protections that were relayed from the sideline after everybody was lined up. You can’t just walk into the NFL and run an offense smoothly if you’ve never executed the required elements before — no matter how talented you are.

But to be clear: it would be inaccurate to say that Trubisky is struggling with his adjustment to a pro-style offense. Sure, there have been too many balls on the ground and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains has had to order Trubisky to re-huddle every once in a while, but the quarterback seems to be getting more comfortable each day, which is encouraging.”

Looking forward to seeing how trubisky handles the huddle tonight and how he looks under center. I expect some mistakes which I think can be a good thing to learn from.

Watson looked pretty darn good last night with Houston...I was surprised but for his 1st action in the NFL he did well. Hopefully Trubisky will be even better just want to see his arm and legs in game action and some decent playing time prolly with the 2s and 3s and Glennon will get reps with the 1s. Other Bear QBs don't matter much imo other than comparos.

durphee

Trub's development is a marathon not a sprint. I don't really think these preseason games mean anything for Trub, just reps to get him used to the NFL. He throws 5 TD''s or 5 picks, the Bears have little talent and are still.building for the future, which he will be the main guy. It would be nice to see the Bears actually compete this year. Hey, maybe White might even decide to participate this year.

durphee

Someone might want to tell Bears fans their newly highly acquired QB will get some reps tonight, there's more empty seats than I have ever seen at Soldiers field even for a preseason game....embarrassing

whitedust

Lots of good things to build on last night with Bears D1s and Trubisky performance. D1s were really fast and breaking thru with the rush and stopped the ground game. Trubisky has a live accurate arm and can move around well in or out of the pocket. Cohen is slippery and adds another dimension to the Bears good running game. No D turnovers but will come ...I hope. Did White play?..lol... I didn't hear his name and maybe a BUST! Glennon.. WOW what a bad start !! IDK about him? Sanchez and Trubisky seem like the better pair of QBs. Largest instant need for improvement is Glennon if he can't do better no way he starts at QB. Only game 1 of the preseason so things can change quickly but Glennon made me want to PUKE that bad and maybe a HUGE mistake. Cardinals next and a much better team than Denver so will be interesting to see if Bears can compete and at what level.

momoney2123

I think he has the it factor. U could feel it in the stands. He looked like the vet and glennon the rookie. Granite its a 2nd tier D but i did not expect him to look that advanced this early. Lol at all the haters who said he only started 13 games. Rolling to the right the kid has got a cannon and accurate. If this is sign of things to come its good to be a bears fan. Cohen looked good. Floyyd was unblockable. Yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

There was no one there at start of game but when mitch came in place was packed

srt20

I think he has the it factor. U could feel it in the stands. He looked like the vet and glennon the rookie. Granite its a 2nd tier D but i did not expect him to look that advanced this early. Lol at all the haters who said he only started 13 games. Rolling to the right the kid has got a cannon and accurate. If this is sign of things to come its good to be a bears fan. Cohen looked good. Floyyd was unblockable. Yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I watched some of the bears game.

First of all, who were the announcers? Were they bears radio guys?

Mitch clearly has the instincts. Thats a heck of alot harder to teach that mechanics. Which I didnt think his mechanics were really that bad either. He clearly has the potential (and skill set) to be a very very good QB in this league.

I didnt know the bears picked up Randle. Be interesting to see how he does as a probable(?) #1 WR. He was kinda stuck in a rut in NY.

whitedust

- - - Updated - - -

Lots to be encouraged about D1 playing much faster and will be better should be able to be pretty darn good this year. Trubisky was a good call by Pace but Glennon STUNK!! Just preseason game 1 but Glennon better get it going very soon or everyone will want Trubisky and Sanchez as their starters. I didn't think Glennon would be that bad but he looked like a deer in the headlights compared to Trubisky...very disturbing for a #1 QB...UGH!

durphee

Mitch did well, Glennon looked like a regular Bears QB. I hope the Bears can continue to groom Mitch instead of become QB **** all over again. I'm definitely not gonna compare Mitch to any good QB yet, way too early for that. He has potential but a long road ahead of him....it's definitely gives some hope for the Bears in the future, the fan base needs something.
The overall team also looked good, just hope maybe for 6 wins this year.

durphee

- - - Updated - - -

There were 17,000 no shows according to attendance. I'm not saying this to be a jerk but Mitch is a huge gamble and the future of the Bears, the fan base has taken a lot of beatings through these years...this should have been a huge deal.

momoney2123

There were 17,000 no shows according to attendance. I'm not saying this to be a jerk but Mitch is a huge gamble and the future of the Bears, the fan base has taken a lot of beatings through these years...this should have been a huge deal.

That number sounds accurate for the start of game. But 2nd half no way there was 17k open seats. We all talked about how empty it was to start and couldn't find many open by the end. I duno if they let people in after halftime of preseason for free or something? I also agree way to early to compare him and crown him but it is a good sign. I dont care about numbers even tho they were good, i wanted to see if he comanded the huddle and looked confident and not scared. Which he did. Im happy but it was man to man D against 2nd and 3rd stringers so wana see more! Go bears