Bergland Terrain

thundersnow

Looking for a little info on the terrain and type of riding between bergland, rockland, greenland, mass city. If anyone with knowledge of this area can help me out that would be great. I am looking at a possible trip to lake gogebic but am wondering if there is some good offtrail and hills etc to play in if you head north from there toward mass city. Thank you!

whitedust

8 east grade is flat as a pancake. 13N is varied... hilly towards Rockland.... Trail 1 towards the Porkies is very hilly but you need to know in all cases where public land allows off trail riding. Land owners getting fed up with off trail riders on private land so do your homework & highly unlikly someone will post an off trail opportunity.... but nice try.:)

Modman440

I know a few great off trail areas but I never share a secret plus there all private property. You will most likely find it rather hard to find someone to tell u there play spots unfortunately I've lost one this year do to others coming in and being disrespectful leaving trash and tearing up fence lines. I do wish u good luck but don't trespass it gives everyone a bad rep. And sometimes if your lucky enough and ask permission u might get a yes just don't push it.

MOD

thundersnow

Not looking for any secret spots. Just was looking for what it's like over that way as compared to big bay area. Thank you for the replies