Bergland

catalac

Does anyone know if you can even ride out of Bergland? I've heard it's kind of bad, but I was planning to drop there and ride north.
Thanks y'all.

berglandbaybar

I was disappointed in the job we did grooming this year, our club dropped the ball at times where I think we could have done a lot better. Our club has gone through some changes over the last couple of years and the grooming has not been what it was in the past. We will be working on ways to get the Bergland area back to where it was.

whitedust

I was disappointed in the job we did grooming this year, our club dropped the ball at times where I think we could have done a lot better. Our club has gone through some changes over the last couple of years and the grooming has not been what it was in the past. We will be working on ways to get the Bergland area back to where it was.

I ADMIRE your honesty and the first step to grooming improvement is to inventory short comings which you have aready done then implement corrective actions and programs. Sometimes it is a knock down and gruesome battle for some clubs to even admitt there is a grooming problem. IMO there should be some type of quailty control program regarding grooming to remove it from becoming a politcal football within a club. It is easy for riders that put on big miles to make grooming comparos & see how one clubs grooming compares to another. It always surprises me when the offending club refuses to admitt there is a problem when brought to their attention. IMO you can't fix it if you don't admit it is broken. Also look into your trail signage to the gas station very confusing to us. Good stuff Bergland I will be back next year see how you are doing as we had written you off.

1fujifilm

I ADMIRE your honesty and the first step to grooming improvement is to inventory short comings which you have aready done then implement corrective actions and programs. Sometimes it is a knock down and gruesome battle for some clubs to even admitt there is a grooming problem. IMO there should be some type of quailty control program regarding grooming to remove it from becoming a politcal football within a club. It is easy for riders that put on big miles to make grooming comparos & see how one clubs grooming compares to another. It always surprises me when the offending club refuses to admitt there is a problem when brought to their attention. IMO you can't fix it if you don't admit it is broken. Also look into your trail signage to the gas station very confusing to us. Good stuff Bergland I will be back next year see how you are doing as we had written you off.

Agreed. All you can do is try; if you do your best and others fail you can sleep at night with good conscience.

Bear

Highflyer

Agreed. All you can do is try; if you do your best and others fail you can sleep at night with good conscience.

Bear

I just ride from bergland to Rockland. Have way uobon 13 was bumpy but then we hit groomed trails. The lake was good.

great comments from the bar.....its difficult to keep everyone happy, so yes, give it your all, and sleep sound.... ....our group did not come to the bar this year, but traveled a couple times thru town.......we did have a difficult time negotiating the trail signs heading north and south to and from White Pine.........
there are many private business signs that didn't help either.......
Thanks, good luck next year, and hope to visit soon for a beef !!!

old abe

Thank you for your honesty!!!! Over the past years very disappointed in all the BS excuses. You are addressing the problem in the right way first in your message. It can be done as the Munising area, and BC/Sidnaw (Snow Valley Riders) have shown us in the past. We had wrote the Gogebic area off due to the grooming problem, but we,ll give it another go now. Thanks Tom!!!