Best Boots for Poweder Conditions Out West

marty700

I have a great pair of Sorels (Glacier Boots). That is, they're great for trail riding in the midwest. However, the first time I rode them in deep powder out west, melting powder wicked through the uppers (the upper area between the rubber front and where my snow pants cover the boots). I tried applying waterproofing, but that didn't help.

Can anyone recommend a really good powder boot - one that has waterproof uppers (not water resistant or has a waterproof "liner" whatever that is)?

fgsacts

Just about all I ride is powder, or at least off trail, and I never had a problem with my Klim Adrenaline's.

lookin4snow

X2 on the Klim Adrenaline GTX. They are waterproof and hold up to abuse. 5 or 6 guys I ride with have them and all like them.

jonw

Another vote for the Klim Adrenaline GTX. Bought mine at beginning of last season and put about 30 days of mountain riding on them. Warm and dry always.

Only thing I would add is the soles seem to be made of fairly soft rubber...I ripped the heck out of mine from kicking the snow off my running boards.

There's been a lot of positive talk out here about the new MotorFist Stomper boot. But that's just what I've heard.

Klim Adrenalines or Arctic, just depends on if you have cold feet or not.

Adrenaline - VERY popular boot and 90% of our boot sales are for these.

Arctic - Someone like me who has feet that I can't keep warm no matter what work perfect.

Either one will work great for Western riding, just make sure to wear a blended or wicking sock......NO cotton.

tim_h

Klim Arctic gtx for me.
I would normally wear a size 10 but ended up with size 11 for the best fit...
So I would agree with the go one size larger recommendation.
Got a pair for my wife and same thing... one size larger.

muzik

Klim Adrenaline they work exceptionally well. I get a little dampness at the edge of the toes after a long day in the powder. The dampness was only under the thin liner. Still love those boots...

cuzzinolaf

I bought the Motorfist boots this year when I got all my gear. Gotta be a hipster and match LOL. I rode with them once and they were fine but plan to put them to the test this weekend.

chicagosledder

I bought a pair of Sorel's today and was wondering what the opinions are on these. I have a trip to Tog booked in March and want to be prepared. Any input helps. I can return the Sorel's if the opinion seeems to be that they may not be the best for that type of riding.

polarisrider1

Did some testing thiss past weekend. Found that my sorels, skidoo boots, Poo boots, Trukkes and my RU outside boots all work in powder if you snap the "gaters" (inner part of bibs) together as designed. I ride old school no matter what I ride (on my haunches) most the time and snow swirls back up my bib pant legs and into my boots. So I snapped the snaps and velcrowed the velcrow. Amazing how much so called "product failure" is out there by not using the product correctly.
Klim makes one heck of a boot also.