Best place for cabin in Lower

PJSteele

Searching to buy a cabin in the Lower Penninsula. Looking for best snowbelt, with least amount of lodging traffic (sorry Gaylord).

We rode Irons/Wellston last season and fell in love with the trails/topography, but unsure how much snow they get

I think that I am either looking far west (Wellston/Kaleva), or going to the NE tip (Onaway/Millersburg).

Anyone have $.02 to spare?

polarisrider1

Searching to buy a cabin in the Lower Penninsula. Looking for best snowbelt, with least amount of lodging traffic (sorry Gaylord).

We rode Irons/Wellston last season and fell in love with the trails/topography, but unsure how much snow they get

I think that I am either looking far west (Wellston/Kaleva), or going to the NE tip (Onaway/Millersburg).

Anyone have $.02 to spare?

I have a place in Irons. Been riding there since 1980. I think the snow belt has moved north to Traverse City/Pellston area. Irons is quick to get to and tons of trails. Plenty of pit stop locations.

chords

APXAvgSnow.jpg "Looking for best snowbelt, with least amount of lodging traffic"

Hard to have to have it both ways. NE lower gets it share of snow north of M-55 and much quieter and thats the beauty of that area, but by no means in a snow belt.

Average Snowfall
seasonal%20snowfall%2009-10.jpg

Last edited: