Best steak in the western U.P?

Not sure any place can compete with Mcgregor's Blink Bonnie in St. Germain Wi? Was wondering what John Dee recommends in his neck of the woods?

Thank you!

mrsrunningbear

Alices in Iron River MI Italian/Steak House Amazing steaks!! Hands down the best we've found!...and homemade gnocchi in garlic butter sauce Mmmmm, great service too

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Before Steamers burned down years ago, there was no contest for this one. But it had to go and burn down and take the steaks with it.

My vote now would go to the Michigan House in Calumet.... Unless I stopped by Monticello's in Hancock and picked up a couple of beauties to grill up on the Weber. Then it's JD's Place in Allouez Township!

-John

phazerpilot

x2 on alice's in iron river, tony's just south of l'anse,the maplewood steakhouse in ironwood.had great steaks in all of them.

srt20

My vote would be Pilgrim River. Which I would rate above Blinks.

Really? They that good? Where exactly is Pilgram river? I have eaten in Houghton at a place right down town, right on a corner across from a small parking garage, but I dont know if I ever knew the name.

srt20

IDK, they got a high rounded ceiling, with dwarfs, or some kind of little people painted on the walls and ceiling.