Better to burn out......than fade away?

cummins

The music world lost the 2nd coming of Robert Plant last night. Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Temple of the dog,and Audioslave committed suicide. What a loss. He and Layne Staley were a notch above the rest. RIP

snocrazy

Yeah a real shame. Hope the suicide rumors are not true. 52 years old. dang. On that scale I have 8 years left.

slimcake

That whole era of music had a profound effect on me. Started listening to grunge in the early 90's when I was 13 years old. You know what the teenage years are like. Some of that music made me who I am today. To loose these guys over senseless stuff like this is tough to take. Layne Staley, Scott Wieland, Kurt Cobain, Wayne Static, and now Chris Cornell.... Damn it. Was texting with some buds during my jam session last night and my bud Willie says "to see someone who outwardly seems to have his chit together and the world at his feet can be suffering so much on the inside is terrifying" I did get a chance to see him live a few times. Best was at Pearl Jam 20 when he joined Eddie Vetter on stage to sing some Temple of the Dog songs. Those two guys singing together is probably one of the coolest things I have heard. I could go on and on... Watched his last show live song on youtube last night. I think he was trying to tell us what he was thinking... RIP Chris.

mezz

Yeah a real shame. Hope the suicide rumors are not true. 52 years old. dang. On that scale I have 8 years left.

It appears that he hung himself, suicide is a silent monster. As slimcake quoted his bud, "to see someone who outwardly seems to have it all together along with the world at his feet can be suffering so much on the inside is terrifying". It truly is, the thing is most of the time, nobody knows until it's too late, very sad.-Mezz

ezra

I don't know on the bathroom floor with something around his neck . no busted towel bars no busted shower rod . INEX singer Hutchence was the first thing that popped in to my head. buddy walks is realizes what he is seeing and makes the call to not let him go down as another Hutchence.
just a theory but I can see it

POLARISDAN

That whole era of music had a profound effect on me. Started listening to grunge in the early 90's when I was 13 years old. You know what the teenage years are like. Some of that music made me who I am today. To loose these guys over senseless stuff like this is tough to take. Layne Staley, Scott Wieland, Kurt Cobain, Wayne Static, and now Chris Cornell.... Damn it. Was texting with some buds during my jam session last night and my bud Willie says "to see someone who outwardly seems to have his chit together and the world at his feet can be suffering so much on the inside is terrifying" I did get a chance to see him live a few times. Best was at Pearl Jam 20 when he joined Eddie Vetter on stage to sing some Temple of the Dog songs. Those two guys singing together is probably one of the coolest things I have heard. I could go on and on... Watched his last show live song on youtube last night. I think he was trying to tell us what he was thinking... RIP Chris.

yea..its too bad matt..although i was and am an eddie guy, and have seen PJ 10 times..i just cant believe he killed himself..my soundgarden etc knowledge isnt that great..but you know who chris cornell is..and its a drag..

slimcake

- - - Updated - - -

trying to find the silver lining here. My weekend was filled with music. House work and garage work at high volume. The music that is left behind is amazing. Just listen to that song and tell me it isn't wonderful!!