Blackberry

jjrkegler

Until your recent host server issue, I was able to pull up your website on my Blackberry. Now, it will not make a connection and eventually times out. Will you be enabling mobile browsing in the future?

Thanks.

5_spot

I'm on my windows mobile device right now, so it must be a setiing on your phone. don't access from a previous "favorite", manually enter url & it should work.

A

admin

I am not up to speed on the Blackberry (other than the fresh ones are really tasty!), but will look into things and see if it is anything on my end. If there is a way to clear your cashe or something you might want to try that as the site did change DNS numbers and your Blackberries may be trying to access the old number.

-John

pippy_b

Johndee.com works on my Crackberry World edition! Make your buddy drive on the trip and you can surf the whole way there! Happy Holidays!

jjrkegler

Tried clearing cache, typing in url and googling John Dee. No luck. I have an 8703e and am using the Blackberry browser. I also tried emulating Internet Explorer and Netscape without success. No big deal but it was fun being able to pull up the maps on the road.

propjockey

Works great on my 8100 Pearl. It is not configured for mobile format, nonetheless, it works!

- Open browser
- Click menu
- Click options
- Check ALL boxes in browser config.
- Click cache operations
- Click clear history
- Click content cache clear

...or

Try a hard reset.

You should be good to go. If you have a lot of photos or stored data, sync it with your comp and get rid of as much data on the Blackberry as you can. If all else fails, try this link.

http://na.blackberry.com/ownerslounge/

Good luck!

-J-

(Hi John!)

skidude67

I have cleared the cache......still can not connect to the site. All other sites work!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

propjockey

CONFIRMED!
That works as well Fr/Nash. Not sure what the problem could be jj.

You are opening the BROWSER (little blue globe with the yellow arrow around it) right?
NOT...

the little blue globe with the yellow arrow around it AND a piece of paper on it. This is your carriers MeDiaNet to buy ringtones and review your account.

If you hard reset it already and that did not work.....You are more than likely opening the wrong browser icon. I did it myself at first. Nothing to feel embarrassed about! I've had a Blackberry for 3 years now and I just figured out how to use EVERYTHING on it! It really is a fantastic piece of hardware and in my humble opinion, The BEST smartphone/PDA you can buy.

-J-

sledheadryno

This caught my eye as I have the exact same problem as jj. I, too have tried all the suggestions with no success. One thing was peculiar, though....when I googled jd and clicked on jd.com, same result, timeout error. HOWEVER, when I clicked jd online store (from google) it came thru-and likewise for manual type-in to the store. For what it's worth, this may be a hint/suggestion to change dns/host server settings to match those of the store website. John, is this is possible?! I'm on the ragged edge of my techno-savvy right now. Thanks.

doospunk

Experiencing same issue with mine. Keep getting the timeout message. All other sights work fine. I think it started when the sight was bogging down, and they had to switch servers. Not for certain, but seems like the general timeframe I started having the problem.

P

pkzochow

I use a blackberry and have no issues connecting to the site at all.