bmx bike

miked

Lenny...just do a search on "dirt jump bikes." That's what Danny M rides...basically a 26" hardtail mountain bike with a suspension fork and a relaxed geometry. The seats are usually slammed and basically unusable. They are HEAVY...built to take a hit. Haro, Mongoose, Scott, Trek, Transition....there are a TON of manufacturers.

miked

My current arsenal includes: Kona Kilauea (26"hardtail mountain bike, built as a singlespeed), Salsa Mukluk (fatbike), Voodoo Soukri (geared 29er mountain bike), Milwaukee Bicycle Company singlespeed 29er (Waterford/Gunnar steel frame with carbon fiber fork), Trek Madone 4.5 (road bike), Trek 2300 (road bike I keep in Colorado), Rocky Mountain Solo 70 (wife's carbon road bike), a Chinese carbon Pinarello knockoff (road bike...for sale), Schwinn Stingray (decoration in the basement), and a Schwinn Twinn tandem from 1970 that was given to my parents as a wedding present (my wife and I now use it as a bar cruiser). I've also got a Colnago cyclocross bike in the garage that a friend lets me borrow for the CX season and muddy training rides.

Last year I sold a Dean titanium mountain bike and a Titus Racer X full-suspension mountain bike.

This list ALMOST makes me think I MIGHT have a problem....

blizzardmk

Have not done any Mtn biking, seems like fun though. I really want to ride bmx trails with jumps. I have talked to guys up and want to find that perfect terrain to have natural jumps and man made jumps. I'm not talking big big air but more so shorter jump with big lips, 15-25 ft gaps. Stuff you pump the down side and just flow through the trails.

There is a nice jump line at the Michigan Tech trails off of Sharon Ave. in Houghton. There are 10 or so jumps. All table tops, but fairly tall and floaty. I ride them on a 26" Giant STP hardtail with a suspension fork, but they'd be fun on a rigid bmx bike too.

beakjones

My current arsenal includes: Kona Kilauea (26"hardtail mountain bike, built as a singlespeed), Salsa Mukluk (fatbike), Voodoo Soukri (geared 29er mountain bike), Milwaukee Bicycle Company singlespeed 29er (Waterford/Gunnar steel frame with carbon fiber fork), Trek Madone 4.5 (road bike), Trek 2300 (road bike I keep in Colorado), Rocky Mountain Solo 70 (wife's carbon road bike), a Chinese carbon Pinarello knockoff (road bike...for sale), Schwinn Stingray (decoration in the basement), and a Schwinn Twinn tandem from 1970 that was given to my parents as a wedding present (my wife and I now use it as a bar cruiser). I've also got a Colnago cyclocross bike in the garage that a friend lets me borrow for the CX season and muddy training rides.

Last year I sold a Dean titanium mountain bike and a Titus Racer X full-suspension mountain bike.

This list ALMOST makes me think I MIGHT have a problem....

My girlfriend thinks I have a problem for having built up my trek 8000 frame with SID fork and bunch of other nice components. Also have a Specialzed P24 BMX bike that I LOVE. So 2 bikes total. I thank people like you for making me look more sane.... if only in that regard.

L

lenny

I'd like to check it out this summer, if you can put up with the old guy (me) wanna check it out together?

There is a nice jump line at the Michigan Tech trails off of Sharon Ave. in Houghton. There are 10 or so jumps. All table tops, but fairly tall and floaty. I ride them on a 26" Giant STP hardtail with a suspension fork, but they'd be fun on a rigid bmx bike too.

smgabe

Wow! Just reflecting back on the good ole days racing my Diamondback Turbo (loved that black chrome!!). One thing I don't think I'll ever forget is hearing the announcer say, "and coming out of the hole-shot is a factory pie-plate as he makes his way over the camels-back..." Classic!!

blizzardmk

I'd like to check it out this summer, if you can put up with the old guy (me) wanna check it out together?

Absolutely! That would be fun. I'm always looking for an excuse to go ride there. I'll try not to forget that we had this conversation ;)

slayinbucks

I do, it is in the works now. I am in need of a couple of more parts. I am looking for a nos blu tange mx 125 headset, a set of dia comp brakes in blue, mabe like 890 and last but not least a kashimax aero seat in blue but I just found one of those. It still needs to go to the anodizer, then I can start to build. I had maybe 4 of them when I was young and now I am trying to replicate the last one I had. Its taken a few years to get all the parts buy I am almost there.