Boat in storage since Fall 07

chords

I have a 1995 Four Winns 5.0 with 170 hours. Other than dealer winterized inc oil change and outdrive service each Fall since new, never had any maint and has run flawless. The boat has been stored inside unheated garage since Sept 07, so the last 2 summers it was not put in the water.

Not mice nest, belts, hoses ... but mechanical/motor checks that should be done beyond a visual. Or something that could go bad - because of 2 plus years of storage ?

Last edited:

laugy

I work for a large Four Winns dealer. Not sure if you have ethonal or not, but I would be pumping the fuel and starting from scratch. I would replace the fuel water sep, and most importantly replace the water pump impeller. These should be done every 2-3 years on boats that are used. Now with sitting in one spot for this long it is highly recommended. I would not even turn the engine over until this is done. The impeller veins could break and get sucked in all of the cooling and t-stat passages.

yamadooed

Should be about transom kit time along with gimbal bearing replace'n... I would at least dump the fuel and drain the line to the carbs along with changing'n the omc#502906 fuel filter... The water pump impeller will blow apart if not changed already its located on the lower right hand side of the motor... Also lower unit gear oil should be changed if it was not done in the winterize'n work... (Even though it says cobra on the outdrive its a pure Volvo SX unit and parts are readily available)