Boss Seats

pirate

Just want peoples honest views about them , I have only seen and sat on the 1st generation racing style seat .. Want views on this 2nd style seat they have, and any one have any views on the 3 diff levels of foam. Wasn't vary impressed with the quality at that time and it was as hard as a rock .
I'm 6'3 and looking at maybe adding one to my 03 700 SKS for comfort on the old knees and hips .

zr800

I put one on my 02 ZR three years ago and love it, I wanted to comfort the old knees and back, and it made a world of difference for me, with my stock seat after 200 miles I was shot, first time out with the new seat we put 320 miles on and I was ready for more, when I first got it I was skeptical cause it was rock hard, but it works, would do it again

ezra

the new ones have been junk the last few yrs.busted zippers on most and bad seams.
most upholstery shops can raise yours for 1/2 the cost.
if u are looking in to used ones look for one over 3 yrs old

rmk4ever

Go with a wrp mountain assault seat, better deal then boss seats, better quality. They will give you plenty of "leg room" top of seat is level to tank filler neck.
plenty of storage under the seat also.

Bradzoo

I'm happy with my Boss seat, my wife and I both have them and haven't had any problems at all. We've had them 3 years, which was the 1st year they changed and started putting in the YKK zippers, years previous they had zipper failures.

Bradzoo

Sled pics 012.JPG
John Dee Ride In 061.jpg

Last edited:

tourguide

I have the same sled, i am 6" and bought seat for same reason, best add on I have bought yet. Whole new ride since seat change.

dale_58

seat riser

Just want peoples honest views about them , I have only seen and sat on the 1st generation racing style seat .. Want views on this 2nd style seat they have, and any one have any views on the 3 diff levels of foam. Wasn't vary impressed with the quality at that time and it was as hard as a rock .
I'm 6'3 and looking at maybe adding one to my 03 700 SKS for comfort on the old knees and hips .

Look under
Parts/Accessories
seat riser for edge chasis

willey

Look under
Parts/Accessories
seat riser for edge chasis

Seat riser is not the same! By far the best mod for the dollar is going to be a high rise Boss. Look for a used one. I sold mine three yrs ago for $250 and it was like new. If I could find another used one for my Summit I would.

dale_58

Seat riser is not the same! By far the best mod for the dollar is going to be a high rise Boss. Look for a used one. I sold mine three yrs ago for $250 and it was like new. If I could find another used one for my Summit I would.
I am as tall as pirate,this was the best feature of the sled it made a night and day dif. on my knees at the end of the day.If you don't want it on for some reason it just un-snaps