Broke my ultra light pole bobber fishing

garageguy

Was blue gill fishing with my son and grandson.
Very light pole, bobber fishing with a half inch piece of worm still on the hook. Hit it hard, Pole broke pulling it in.

pclark

Gotcha, how was the bluegill fishing? We are in full summer fishing mode here. Pick your time to go out if you want walleyes, usually around 8pm to 10pm or later. Smallmouth can be had during the day, haven't been panfishing much.

euphoric1

didn't break my pole but broke the line, similar situation, fishing for bluegill and had what I placed at a 3 to 4 lb bass on the line on Crystal lake in manitowoc, wasnt sure how I was going to get it in the boat because like you I was pan fishing, not to mention I did not have a net and about a couple feet from boat....line gave out LOL

skiroule

Hope it wasn't the "Green Hornet". Those Bass are like little bulldogs. I've never broken a pole (unless you count slamming one in the truck door) but a couple of years ago I lost my entire rig to a big hit I wasn't expecting. Still trying to live that one down.

pclark

Had my buddies up for Spring fishing in May and some how a very nice rod and reel went overboard where we were fishing in a channel with some pretty good current. The depth was around 5 ft but strong current. The young lad (33 years old) wasn't about to give up his nice rod just yet, he stripped down to his boxers and went in and felt around the bottom with his feet and actually found it. Water temp was pretty chilly that night as the ice had just went out 10 days prior. Ahh.......to be young again. I probably would have had a heart stoppage in that water temp.

garageguy

if lost two nice poles to distraction and trying to fish with two lines.
im sure It could have been a state record that pulled my pole into the murky depths..

snomoman

Had my buddies up for Spring fishing in May and some how a very nice rod and reel went overboard where we were fishing in a channel with some pretty good current. The depth was around 5 ft but strong current. The young lad (33 years old) wasn't about to give up his nice rod just yet, he stripped down to his boxers and went in and felt around the bottom with his feet and actually found it. Water temp was pretty chilly that night as the ice had just went out 10 days prior. Ahh.......to be young again. I probably would have had a heart stoppage in that water temp.
Hmmm…
I’m sure when that young lad got out of the cold water, the turtle didn’t come out of it’s shell for quite some time after that… ha ha

pclark

Hmmm…
I’m sure when that young lad got out of the cold water, the turtle didn’t come out of it’s shell for quite some time after that… ha ha
Have to say if it was me it wouldn't have but he's about 33 years younger than I am. Even when I go swimming now the turtle dissapears for awhile!

euphoric1

casted and lost one of my favorite rods one year off pier by our place, just came right out of my hand, water is about 18 ft off end of pier, quickly fell to my knees to try to grab it as it sank, came back later with swim trunks to try to recover to no avail, weeds heavy near bottom and was a ways down. Caught 2 nice bass 4th of July on Crystal Lake in Sheboygan, this time came with net lol, daughter caught one and so did I, both released to be even nicer for the next guy!