Brother and Sister Killed after being run over while tubing

skutr

I pray that God's angel will carry them to the waiting arms of Jesus and another angel will be there to watch, guide and comfort the parents.

jerkbait_1075

My god?????????? I can not even imagine the pain that all of those involved are sorting through right now. Peace be with all of them. Prayers to those that are lost and those who are now without.........

MZEMS2

Holy crap, that's about as bad as it gets. I hope all involved pull through this. I can only imagine how the driver of the second boat must feel. The conditions must have been perfectly "wrong" at the right time. Very harsh reminder to just assume that pleasure boats are towing someone.

anonomoose

I don't tube, or have I ever pulled one, but it seems to me from watching it done, that the fun is swinging the tube back and forth behind the pull boat and the big round about at the loop at the end of a run.

If that is what happened, I could see that a tube doing a wide swing on a lake that was pretty crowded and could produce a sudden and unexpected confrontation with a boat going in the opposite direction.

The article says that the pull boat had no spotter, which didn't help and of speed boats don't stop on a dime either.

This is a tragedy that should remind everyone to be very careful on busy traffic days. I think last year there was jet ski accident in the same area.

Dave_B

Moose, as usual, is right. I'm sure that's exactly what happened. It was right next to a beach where a canal comes out blind to the swimmers.

I think we invented tubing and that's all we used to do. Figure eights and donuts to get the tubes out of the water and torture the poor sap who was on it. This was before those cheap yellow ones. We used giant tractor tire tubes with the stem that stick out six inches. we would use duct tape to tape on grab handles and to tape a ski rope to the tube.

All we had to worry about back then was running over swans, which seemed to always be funny to the guy driving the boat, or falling off in a weed bed that came to the surface.

Things have changed so much and there are so many people that just don't understand basic boating etiquette let alone rules or laws that we barely go out on the weekends.

I do take my kids tubing and will not stop but, I must tell you, being the driver is not fun anymore. To do it without spotters, we wouldn't even do that back in the tractor tire days. Sad thing is, the dad is going to be found at fault for not having a spotter, regardless of the actions of the other boater (who is experienced).

I was told that both parents are on suicide watch... I think I would be too...

polarisrider1

Moose, as usual, is right. I'm sure that's exactly what happened. It was right next to a beach where a canal comes out blind to the swimmers.

I think we invented tubing and that's all we used to do. Figure eights and donuts to get the tubes out of the water and torture the poor sap who was on it. This was before those cheap yellow ones. We used giant tractor tire tubes with the stem that stick out six inches. we would use duct tape to tape on grab handles and to tape a ski rope to the tube.

All we had to worry about back then was running over swans, which seemed to always be funny to the guy driving the boat, or falling off in a weed bed that came to the surface.

Things have changed so much and there are so many people that just don't understand basic boating etiquette let alone rules or laws that we barely go out on the weekends.

I do take my kids tubing and will not stop but, I must tell you, being the driver is not fun anymore. To do it without spotters, we wouldn't even do that back in the tractor tire days. Sad thing is, the dad is going to be found at fault for not having a spotter, regardless of the actions of the other boater (who is experienced).

I was told that both parents are on suicide watch... I think I would be too...

Dave, you want to watch a boating circus? I have the beer, come on out this weekend and watch what goes on at the boat launch and behind my boat on any given weekend. 90% are on 21' or less trailerable boats. Mama is staying home, so here is your chance. I really feel for those kids, but until laws change on boating skill requirements and better enforcement this will continue. Tow boats, ski boats are required by law to have one spotter at all times.

Dave_B

Dave, you want to watch a boating circus? I have the beer, come on out this weekend and watch what goes on at the boat launch and behind my boat on any given weekend. 90% are on 21' or less trailerable boats. Mama is staying home, so here is your chance. I really feel for those kids, but until laws change on boating skill requirements and better enforcement this will continue. Tow boats, ski boats are required by law to have one spotter at all times.

I don't want a circus. I want to sit on the back of your boat, drink beer and watch the local "wildlife", but I don't want to watch one more person who doesn't belong behind the wheel of a boat.

Had enough of that crap!

krupps_resort

Our thoughts and prayers are with these families. How very very sad-I just can't imagine. May God be with them and give them strength. May they find some comfort from family, friends and many hundreds of people that don't even know them.

Dave_B

At the funeral they had over 1,000 people and even sent out emails to car pool. The father cried on the caskets and feels totally responsible. The other daughter is still in a coma and doesn't even know what has happened.
I can't fathom what he must be feeling. It is a situation that no human brain can truly comprehend.