buick rainier air filtes

mojo

I like to get better mpg and wondering if k&n worth the upgrade.i was looking and it seems I can get the filter only they don't make the intake for the buick only envoy and trailblazers,

eao

They will do NOTHING to increase mileage. Cold air intakes and high-performance filters are good for improving full-pedal engine power and those gains are marginal and impossible to feel. More specifically that means that you are buying a modification that helps you race.

All you read on the internet about performance air filters is marketing hype to sell filters. Go to K&N's web site and you will find they make NO claims their filters improve mileage. Why? Because its not possible with computer controlled gas engines. The computer determines the air fuel ratio at 14.7 lbs air to 1 lb of fuel so more air = more fuel = more power = more speed

Last edited:

MZEMS2

It makes me cringe a bit when I see people wanting to dump a bunch of money into exhaust and intakes to try to improve mileage. Why not accept the fact that the engineers have already worked on efficiency during the design of the vehicle? People brag about paying hundreds of dollars to increase mpg's by 1 or 2....LOL....Just how long would it take to make that money back? Just drive it stock and keep clean filters in it

mojo

yea if the filter made a difference I would do it.but what your saying I agree. I put the money into a back up camera which I miss on this car from y other car