Building a ditch banger/ backwoods sled

Modman440

So last season I added a 99 Polaris 700 xc to the collection picked it up super cheap cause kid could get it to start. Got it home new plugs and fresh gas boom started runs great needs a new oil pump. I have my m8 and I love that sled but I really don't like abusing it as much as I have been. So planning on building this sled up to be a bit more capable so here's my list of what I'm thinking and please feel free to chime in with opioions and ideas.
1. 121 to 136 track ext
2. Convertin old seat and gas tank to 08 dragon gas tank and 08 iq seat
3. 2inch pivot riser
4. 5 inch rise 7/8 pro taper bars
5. 1.5 camoplast track
6. M10 suspension conversion
7. Stinger pipe
I'm planning these things based off of price of items and what it would cost to buy an older RMK or mountain cat. The biggest thing in my mind is year cost me couple hundred more buy a sled ready to go but mine is very low miles and runs A1. Just looking for thoughts and ideas since I've never touched a Polaris and my knowledge is not very high as to what years are great what years sucked any help is appreciated.

MOD

whitedust

Many would like the a stock 99 XC 700 for trail riding. Why not just sell it for profit and buy a used Poo 600 RMK for cheap? IMO you will never recover your money on a Franken sled but with a name like Modman440 this maybe your thing?

Modman440

It's Def my thing lol. I'll be honest I paid 100 for it kid was moving to Florida with his parents had to be gone that day. Alot of the stuff I have laying around from parting out sleds however ........... this is my very first Polaris and for the most part I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about them. I rode an old 800 storm a buddy of mine uses for a back up sled last year and was fairly impressed with its handling and about every aspect of it really minus being so low to the ground. Then I seen the 700 on Facebook and I was there 30 min after he posted it. I have big plans for my m8 for steep and deep out west it was another killer deal I got a few years back it's been stock ever since I got it and its what I've used to play in the pow up north but it's taking a heavy beating and I don't like doing that to it. On top of all that I sold my 2010 sno pro so I more or less am to the point I want my fancy toy for out west a ditch banger for the yoop and looking into a new rr8000 cat but have read ALOT of mixed reviews on them. But anyways I have the m10 susp the track and most other parts I want or need minus the extension kit it's self.

MOD

whitedust

Poo did use the Polaris M10 somewhere back then not sure when that started I'm thinking 2000ish or so? To me to get rider forward you need to get 2006 and up get away from the sit in position and trailing arms. Poo 700 was a good engine their 800 was garbage not sure if 99 had exhaust valves poo was very slow on new things in 99 confused what to do so kept on with the wedge but also had evolved and the Storm chassis too. I would sell it as a sit in trail sled with the M10 and move on lots of peeps would like the 99 XC 700 as a family sled for kids or Mom and good hand me down.

xsledder

Had a 99 700 xc sp. Very fast trail sled. Could pass anything but a gas station. You won't be able to make a ditch banger out of them. They were design for one purpose, to run the trails at outrageous speeds. I don't think there is enough room by the drive shaft to run a 1.5 inch track without installing smaller sprockets on the drive shaft. Keep it a trail sled and you wont be disappointed. Find a RMK to make into a ditch banger. I might have the shop manual that I could sell to you if you would PM me.