Bummed out

whitedust

Actually WD there is a butt hurt thread about John on HCS right now.... He is still my go to. Just take all forecast with grain of salt...

Slim I have been here along time and JD has had bashers from time to time on his own site and it is what it is but I don't like it. As far as HCS I stopped going there a long time ago but totally believe you that some of those peeps would would screw up a free lunch. JD has broad shoulders for sure!

srt20

I understand people like to blame the forecasters, but every single forecaster I read screwed this up.
Why is that? Its because of the terrible computer models!! They can only interpret what the computers tell them whats coming.

I cant believe we can get self driving autos, but cant get a computer to be remotely accurate predicting the weather 48 hrs out. And there are so many models out there and in winter usually not one of them is the same for any given storm until 6 hrs out....

You want a good laugh, get on some weather forums.....just dont take their prediction serious.

mnuser

Every forecast should be dropped into the following formula: "Divide by 2 and then minus 1". 90% of the time you will get a better idea of what to expect. They always call for the biggest, baddest storm to ever form. Makes GREAT news!

old abe

We could organize a "bad forecast/low snow" protest, but with the CC thread, best forget that idea. 10 days from now it could be a altogether different story. Have a little faith baby!!!!!! Wide spread snowfall is what we all need.

frnash

I understand people like to blame the forecasters, but every single forecaster I read screwed this up.
Why is that? Its because of the terrible computer models!! They can only interpret what the computers tell them whats coming.

I cant believe we can get self driving autos, but cant get a computer to be remotely accurate predicting the weather 48 hrs out. And there are so many models out there and in winter usually not one of them is the same for any given storm until 6 hrs out. …
So many computer models running on so many “supercomputers”. Why can’t they do better?

The (click →) troposphere is a big place, and we don't have anywhere near enough data points.

See (click →) Chaos theory.
Edward Lorenz:
Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

eagle1

More snow would've been sweet. But with 450 miles on, and enough snow to do laps around house this morning with granddaughter, it's been good start for me!
And by end of next week Lake Winnebago should be good to ride too.

snobuilder

Told everyone at the home depot to stomp the snow offa there boots before entering today....most LOL'd....1 guy was deaf.