burned

loriwlrc

and not sure how to handle the situation in the future. This past weekend, our best weekend for the year we got burned,we had 10 on a waiting list and on Fri. turned down 5 calls and on Sat. 6 calls. I was nice and let Fri. go by and then called and left a message to please call me if they weren't coming Sat.,I should have given their cabin up, but was afraid they were just late.. guess what, they stuck me, no call no show. So our policy may change for busy weekends from here on. Want to thank all that were patient with the computor crash at the station that left us with 1 gas pump and no register, we appreciated your patronage and patients. Some input on this would be apprecated, don't want to sound like I'm whining, would just like to give the best customer service possiable, but not take a loss like this again, it happens to alot of us in this industry. Thanks to our repeat customers, sorry I missed you Chris and family, see you soon.

peppermill

We haven't had any no shows but a few last minute cancellations. We don't do anything different. We just say ok and try to book them. Fortunately I have been able to most of the time. When they do cancel we ask that they try us agian in the future and most will make reservations at a later date and then they do show. We had one that cancelled a couple weeks ago the night before they were suppose to come in and they were repeat customers. They were just here last weekend and they were so kind and left extra money to cover for when they had to cancel. That was awesome because when this happens it does hurt especially if you have no notice and can't fill it. There are some circumstances that can't be helped and we do understand that. Again I want to thank all of our loyal and new clients for their support and we try and do what we can to make everyone happy. Think snow happy trails and be safe.

jbenn

As a patron on many different places in the UP, yours included Lori, I have no problem giving a CC as a form of payment to hold my room. If I don't show and don't call I would see no problem having a charge to cover your expenses/loses for my inconsideration. You are running a business that puts food on your table and pays your bills. If you are staying in a hotel you have to give a CC to hold your room, I see no difference with your place.

Thank you for having such a great place to stay and for being such awesome and friendly to all of us when we come up and spend time in the UP.

dab102999

Every place I have stayed have always had a cancelation policy, they all veryed a little bit but came down to if I didn't cancle in time I gave them at least one night rent. Have never had a problem until two years ago, rented a house in Baraga, never been in that area and was scared about snow conditions at that time. He had a policy of no snow/no charge. I was on the phone constantly with him up until about a week before our arivial date. He assured me that it would be good. About two days before we were to leave all the snow went away in that area, so I canceled and went elsewhere were the snow was and got stuck for a $500 dep. Needless to say I won't be doing business with that guy again. But back to the point, if you don't have a cancelation policy come up with one. It is only fair to you.

favoritos

Good point with the cancellation policy. You could tie it in with the trail cam somehow. That has to be one of the best indicators on snow conditions out there.

You are completely valid in taking a CC to cover at least a partial deposit. No reason, you should take the hit because someone didn't bother to call.

Just a note, I had a boss cancel vacation the night before leaving. I was not happy but I had no choice and had to cancel. That phone call was made right after the meeting.