Burnett County??

SledTL

Did this area lose all its snow the other day? Webster area? How far does one have to drive to find rideable snow (from Twin Cities).

justride

Can't you drive just a couple hours north to like moose lake area in Minnesota and find rideable snow? We usually ride northern Wisconsin and the U.P. ourselves, but this year the snow seems to be falling in northern Minnesota. I haven't ridden up there since about ten years ago and found nice trails then. Just wondering if something has happened to make Minnesota trails not desirable. Have rooms reserved for the week of the 20th in Two Harbors and now you have me a little nervous. Curious why you don't Minnesota?

SledTL

Can't you drive just a couple hours north to like moose lake area in Minnesota and find rideable snow? We usually ride northern Wisconsin and the U.P. ourselves, but this year the snow seems to be falling in northern Minnesota. I haven't ridden up there since about ten years ago and found nice trails then. Just wondering if something has happened to make Minnesota trails not desirable. Have rooms reserved for the week of the 20th in Two Harbors and now you have me a little nervous. Curious why you don't Minnesota?

I have no problem riding in minnesota. I have a cabin booked in Emily (crosslake area) for the weekend of the 18-20th. You will be fine. I know that the North Shore has been pounded with traffic, and anywhere off 35 because it has snow, thats why I was looking elsewhere. I rode last week in Milaca and was the first tracks on every trail, but they only had about 8 inches, not the big dump a couple hours further. Warm weather killed them though.

I rode out of Moose Lake last week so from that point north they have plenty of snow. If they get out and groom everything up and do a little brushing it will be very nice. Keep a trail map with you as the signing isn’t always the best.

yellorelic

I didn't ride last weekend, but the Crosslake area has a great base and the lakes are staked. The Paul Bunyan is in great shape. Follow the Ideal Sno Pro's and Merrifield Marathons on Facebook. They give good, honest reports.