Burnett County

wisco-mb

I'm heading up to Burnett County on Thursday, 1/5. With the new snow expected, trails should be good.
I'm staying in Siren. Any good loops, or favorite trails? I was hoping Trail 45 closer to the river would be scenic.

Last edited:

misty_pines

The Gandy Gandy Dancer is straight and flat and you can use that to cover a lot of ground if you want. A loop I have liked in the past from Siren is 120 West from the airport to 45 North up to Danbury. The Fishbowl just North of Danbury is a great pitstop for food and a beverage. There are a bunch of trails East of Danbury and depending on the grooming are pretty decent. Some of course are fairly curvy. Lots of options. The snow should be incredible!

SledTL

The Gandy Gandy Dancer is straight and flat and you can use that to cover a lot of ground if you want. A loop I have liked in the past from Siren is 120 West from the airport to 45 North up to Danbury. The Fishbowl just North of Danbury is a great pitstop for food and a beverage. There are a bunch of trails East of Danbury and depending on the grooming are pretty decent. Some of course are fairly curvy. Lots of options. The snow should be incredible!
Yes gandy can get you places real quick and no speed limit like over here in MN. St croix river is not safe so don’t cross them unless you have a pretty big pair. There is a great trail along the river just south of grantsburg that is through a state forest. Edit: that is corridor 45 and a great trail to take!! Do watch for atvs around Danbury, but Webb lake area has lots of great trails. Pretty much can’t go wrong with any area right now.

Last edited:

wisco-mb

Thanks guys! I've been on the gandy dance closer to Superior years ago, but not in Burnett county. Looked like quite the selection of trails around Webb Lake. Lots of lakes. I assume majority of them should be frozen?
We have the AWSC winter's meeting this weekend. Should be a good weekend!

misty_pines

Thanks guys! I've been on the gandy dance closer to Superior years ago, but not in Burnett county. Looked like quite the selection of trails around Webb Lake. Lots of lakes. I assume majority of them should be frozen?
I was up there riding right after Christmas and the ice was plenty thick on the lakes but a some of slush in spots. Trails were only open South of Hwy 70 at that time and the lakes were ridable but not staked yet. I'm thinking they may be mostly staked by now. Let us know how your trip goes. I will be riding up there the 2nd and 3rd weekends of January.

SledTL

It has been snowing solid since yesterday morning. I would guess 10+" and close to 2 feet in most places. Banks are shoulder high, riding doesn't get any better.

sshooterz

Any recommendations on where to stay in the area? My parent's have a cabin off Anchor Inn Rd but don't keep it open in the winter. I've been visiting the Spooner/Webster/Siren area for almost 50 years but have never rented. LOL

wisco-mb

I took your advice & took this route today. Thanks! Great scenery. Even stopped at Fish Bowl. Trail 120 has too many low hanging branches to get the groomer through. I had to turn the clickers up for that stretch. Lot of snow though!

Pic is looking north at 45/120 intersection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-200038.png
    Screenshot_20230105-200038.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 33

misty_pines

I took your advice & took this route today. Thanks! Great scenery. Even stopped at Fish Bowl. Trail 120 has too many low hanging branches to get the groomer through. I had to turn the clickers up for that stretch. Lot of snow though!

Pic is looking north at 45/120 intersection.
Great to hear that route worked out! Thanks for the update.