BV2S or Modular 3

So l have a BV2S and thinking about a new helmet. l like mine but it looks like the modular 3 is $100 cheaper. Has anyone had both? Any preferences?

2TrakR

I like my Mod 3 (have had Mod 1, 2 and 3). They run small.
The flip-up front is convenient for gas stations, short breaks and what not. It can also be a bit of a pain with a little ice build up or other making it harder to latch well. The breath box will ice up on you, just something to be aware of and not that big of a deal to bust the ice out.

We have a BVS2 in our fleet (daughter) and did so as it was warmer than the Mod she had. Has it's own quirks, but nice.
I never run the heated shield on my mod3; conversely my youngest runs the electric shield as he does not like to run with the breath box.

Have been poking around a little for an alternative this season, would still like a mod style.

old abe

So l have a BV2S and thinking about a new helmet. l like mine but it looks like the modular 3 is $100 cheaper. Has anyone had both? Any preferences?
BV2S totally seals up, and warm. Mod 1, 2,and 3 are all good, but not totally sealed, they have minimal air leakage. Both very good if fitted right.

dfattack

I have had the Mod 3, BVS and the oxygen.

I would rank them;

1 Oxygen
2 Mod 3
3 BVS

Not to say the BVS is bad, but just the least liked of the three. It's warm and my son used to like the light for night riding when he was behind me.

Love the convenience of the mod 3 with the flip up chin section. Downfall is that it's not as warm as the other two but great on warmer days.

Oxygen is the best of the three IMO. Biggest plus is there isn't a snot mop. Once you get used to riding without the nose cone deal you will never want to go back to it. Slightly annoying that you have to be plugged in with the oxygen but you get used to it quickly. It has the light so again people like it when they are behind me at night and no batteries needed. It gets power from being plugged in to heat the helmet. Some people have had problems with the oxygen, I have not.

Last edited:

fjr4me

I have been using the Oxygen for (3) seasons and have had zero issues on the trail. Had to replace a shorting cord after year 1, but good since.

I kept the BV2S as a back-up in case of issues, but so far I haven't had to use it and don't want to, as I really like the Oxygen helmet.

legend02

I was at the dealer looking at new helmets the other day and the sales girl said don’t buy the oxygen she’s had a ton of them come back with issues.

I’ve had a mild one , mod two, and Mod three.

I was only looking at a new helmet because my electric shield doesn’t work anymore I think I’m just gonna buy a new electric shield for my element instead of spending $350 on a new one.

I like the modulars and I’ve never had any issues with them except the screws that hold the shield on always come lose.

whitedust

A bunch of first year O2s did come back to dealers on money back refunds. Big hassle for dealers and BRP. Idk if the problems continued or not. The O2 is a neat helmet nice to get away from snot mop of the mods. I’m sticking with my mods but O2 has my attention just too pricey for me.