Cabelas gore-tex jacket

Hoosier

I was looking at the gore-tex website, and they have links for products by activity. Under snowmobiling, they have Klim (of course) and a couple from Cabelas such as this one:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=GK0NVHII0SIUPLAQBBISCNNMCAEFEIWE?id=0027474922468a&type=product&cmCa t=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=xpg&Ntk=Products&sort=&_requesti d=186816

I am curious about this, because it's quite a bit cheaper than Klim and it's still gore-tex. Anyone taken a look at these jackets before? My guess is they go on sale towards the end of the season also.

I'd like to buy Klim, but it's too pricey for how often I ride.

snowlover

I have Cabela's Gore-tex bibs and really like them. Plus when I bought them they were 1/2 the price of Klim. They are warm and keep me dry. I am sure the jackets will be the same. I was thinking about buying one myself. They have ones like Klim that are basically just a shell and a thin liner. I can stop at Cabela's tomorrow and look at them to make sure since it is only a 1/2 mile from me.

mikexcr8

anything that is cabelas brand is about the best quality stuff you can get. might be a little pricy but for hunting for years i have never been let down with there products

Hoosier

I'll be near a Cabelas next week...I might stop in and take a look. I would assume if it's gore-tex, that it will hold up.

Really looking for a waterproof "shell" that I can also use when not snowmobiling. I live in Indianapolis, so anything insulated is too warm, especially if you're getting in and out of the car...

I know this sight has alot of people that think Klim makes the best products out there. I would guess that the Cabelas stuff is good also but may not have the same for thought as the Klim gear which is sport specific. I would look at both and decide which fetures are a must in a jacket and which ones are an added benefit.
I know years back that Reima made coats and gloves for both Yamaha, Cabelas.
I have been wearing the same jacket since 1998 and it still looks good. I made sure that when I bought it that I went with a classic style and no graphics that would age the coat after the style changed. It is Gore-tex I paid around $300 for it at the time and feel that it was money well spent at this time

zimmbob

If you don't ride enough, then just go with the off brands like those sold at ShadeTree - http://www.shadetreepowersports.com

This stuff works great, and is much less expensive. My wife and kids have had the coats and bibs from here for years and are as warm as anyone else. And that's saying something considering my wife isn't warm unless it's 78 degrees and sunny....

beakjones

Goretex performance shell < soft shell < pro shell.

I've always bought stuff for skiing since that's always been my primary winter activity and it works just as well for sledding. I would get nothing less than performance shell (the jacket you linked). backcountry.com has a bunch; they also run a bunch of clearance sale sites - I use cleansnipe.com to monitor them. They occasionally have really good jackets; I got burton AK 3L pants for $140 there.

uncle_ed

I have the Cabelas goretex bibs and jacket and have had many years of great service. The first year I bought them we were having dinner at the chateau lodge near black lake when we noticed it had started to rain (I should say downpour). We were an hour and a half from our destination and when we arrived I was dry as a popcorn fart. I would recommend them to anyone and if you do have a problem with them cabelas has the best "no hastle" return policy out there.

wags

For anyone who has the Cabela bib and jacket combo can you please post a link with the Cabelas part number because there are quite a few gortex items on their site and I want to make sure I am looking at the same thing.

Thanks alot

rodehard

I, too, have the goretex bibs from Cabela's. I got them last year and they are the first bibs that have kept me dry and warm. I also like them becausing the sizing is true; not like Klim.

snowlover

I just went to Cabela's in Rogers and they did not have the jacket there. They only had the Guideseries jackets with the hoods there. The lady told me it was most likely an online only item. I do not think you could go wrong with it since it is gore-tex.

wags

You know I was thinking the same thing about the guidewear. I would think it would be a great option having reinforcement in some needed areas plus you can use them ice fishing as well.

fcat700

My Dad rides with Cabelas gore-tex bibs and jacket and he loves them. The price had to be good if he bought them.

120298.jpg