Cabin

xcpolaris

John,
it has been interesting watching and reading about the building of the cabin; both original and new addition.
I like theprogress photos and hope you can get the construction cam working soon.
Could you post the plans for the origanal cabin and addition so we can get an idea of the layout?

Thanks

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

I hope to be able to get the regular cam going very soon. Things are moving along very nicely. All but one truss is in and that final truss will have to wait until the eave of the existing structure is cut away to be placed.

As for the floor plans, I would rather not post them to the internet. Seems weird and sad to be saying this, but you just never know who is reading this and what intentions they might have. The nuts and bolts of it is the addition will contain a great room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms and the room that is currently our bedroom will become my office and Graces current bedroom will become a craft/play room for the ladies.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a drawing of what the outside will look like when it's done?

Just on paper. I will try and get a shot of both the existing and new structures from the front in tomorrow's front of house shot. The roof, doors and windows will not be done, but you will get a pretty good idea of the lines.

-John

How much space are you adding on and what will the total Square footage be when completed and at this point do you feel you went big enough?
you may have already posted the sq footage and I may have just missed it. Its nice seeing the progress go

jd

Administrator
Staff member
How much space are you adding on and what will the total Square footage be when completed and at this point do you feel you went big enough?
you may have already posted the sq footage and I may have just missed it. Its nice seeing the progress go

We are adding on around 1800 square feet, which will bring the totals up to close to 3000. It will probably be more than we know what do with initially, but funny how it seems like nothing is ever built big enough after a while! After being so cozy in the cabin, it will be pretty nice to have the extra space.

-John