Cable Area Conditions

moose822

Does anyone have an update on the Cable area? We are supposed to leave on Wednesday Jan 25th for a long weekend. The warm weather and lack of snow to start with is a concern. At this point I am assuming the trip is dead but still holding out hope.

Highflyer

Does anyone have an update on the Cable area? We are supposed to leave on Wednesday Jan 25th for a long weekend. The warm weather and lack of snow to start with is a concern. At this point I am assuming the trip is dead but still holding out hope.

Cross your fingers that the one or two potential systems John is talking about for next week drop 4-8" of fresh snow in the area. If that happens and/or more then I think you'll be fine. If not, riding will be very limited. Take one look at the webcam on this site for Lakewoods.

I think the base on the trails will hold in the woods, just need that 4-8" to make it pretty again.

hemi_newman

I just got back from Seeley (had to run to friends house) the trail along hwy 63 is down to dirt. We had rain the past 2 days and temps in the 40s since Tuesday.

funsledn

Just got home from Cable. Stayed at Lakewoods. We left and came home a day early. We got there Thursday afternoon and rode. It was ok to decent. Friday it rained off and on. We rode, trails were still rideable, Trails were actually not choppy for the most part because the snow isn't deep enough to get rough. Rain was not kind to trail , and Lake Namakagon changed big time from Friday morning to Saturday morning. Lot of water on ice and slushy.

If it gets cold and freezes stuff up it will be worse until it snows. Trails will be icy and no fun. Trails had some dirt spots on Friday but not terrible, but I'm sure thru the night it got worse into this morning(Saturday). Like I said we left, one day riding in rain was enough, we only did cause trails were still rideabe. They looked pretty slushy as we drove by them while leaving today. People were still around on sleds so what was left of trails probably got used up today.

My opinion for this area, dont go until it freezes up and they get AT LEAST 5-6" to cover up the trails

snowho96

Been at lakewoods since Friday night. Trails were very thin until yesterday when they got 4-6" new Snow. Rode down to moose lake and they had more snow groomers were out panning down there.