Calling oldguy... Cook, tower and crane lake, mn this weekend

oldguy

bignate

I was on the trails south of Tower on Monday and they were fine with plenty of snow. We are planning to ride everyday from this Thursday until next Wednesday and I am not to worried about it. The forecast is for low teens at night for the rest of the week. This will make a huge difference on how the trails will hold up, plus they will be able to get out and groom at night. If the forecast is wrong and we get warm nights, things will be not the greatest.

Crane Lake will be a zoo this weekend. The Hyper Viper race is up their this weekend the trails will be busy and beat up.

xcr440

They started grooming the Taconite Sunday evening already west of the Arrowhead. It was as good as it’s been all year.

snowchief

Keep posting conditions please heading somewhere next Wednesday probably crane lake area unless the conditions are better south of there, less of a drive

xcr440

Conditions are changing by the day up here - no way you can predict what it will be like next week.

With that said, it was mostly really good today, I expect it to turn for the worse by Saturday with any amount of sled traffic. Some places getting pretty thin, for the most part it should hold out, but 39 and 40 the next two days are going to give it a beatin’....

Will we get the snow forecasted next week??

oldguy

We rode from Lake Vermilion up to Ash River to Crane Lake and back to Vermilion yesterday. Aside from some intense logging on the Voyageur Trail for a mile or 2, everything was really good. The Arrowhead Trail south of Vermilion had some stutter bumps, but that was the worst of the entire trip.

Like XCR440 mentioned it can go from great to hate depending on what the weather does. Currently in Tower it is zero degrees.