Calumet area 3/2-3/6

Tuck

Have a trip planned for this coming first weekend in March staying in the Calumet area. Looking for any recent info on conditions north and south of there.

mezz

Conditions are ok, like most areas here in the UP, icey beneath the fresh snows. Remember, the Copper Dog dog sled race is this week-end, so it will be crazy busy especially from Calumet north. The trails will have musher teams on them, so, proceed with caution.

Tuck

thank you for the current update. Yes we have been up there during the copper dog race before and are aware of the routes and times. Since Vansville is not selling gas this year do you know if the station in Allouez has premium gas?

mezz

Trail in Hancock is fine, the usual for this time of year, not certain on the bridge, but, nonetheless it is passible. Yes, Allouez BP has premium....... Pheonix store usually has premium as well just in case you need fuel further north.

garageguy

I was up there Thursday and Friday. 50 mile radius of Houghton nothing but junk 450 miles 2 days saw 2 groomers.

garageguy

Last Thurs. And fri. Trail 3 was mostly garbage from one end to the other. Copper to Mohawk good Mohawk south garbage all the way to Watersmeet. Hopefully things have changed. In 500 miles of riding I have never seen such a lack of groomers out. Saw 2.

dfattack

Last Thurs. And fri. Trail 3 was mostly garbage from one end to the other. Copper to Mohawk good Mohawk south garbage all the way to Watersmeet. Hopefully things have changed. In 500 miles of riding I have never seen such a lack of groomers out. Saw 2.
This is the type of post that prompted me to start the thread asking why we ride where we ride.