cans on the michigan trails

brian102

have they made it yet so you have to run stock exhaust in the l.p yet in michigan or can you still run aftermarkets my vmax 4 is pretty loud with my stingers wanting to make sure i dont get introuble this winter, if they monitor it what db can it be? thanks

polarisrider1

I run an SLP can, sounds sweet. I just let off when I see DNR, sheriff, etc. SLP says it's legal. Myself, I doubt it. Braaaaaaap! Braaaaaaaap! it is snowing! Ya! hoo!

mride460

have they made it yet so you have to run stock exhaust in the l.p yet in michigan or can you still run aftermarkets my vmax 4 is pretty loud with my stingers wanting to make sure i dont get introuble this winter, if they monitor it what db can it be? thanks

Use your head and they wont mess with ya.

jhsledhed

They are illegal, but alot of people run them. Don't be on the gas in town or around people and they will likely leave you alone. I have seen them write tickets for them tho.

dab102999

I have one on my 800, I can't tell any differance when it is runnin but when it is italing it is a little louder. I got stopped for a check last year and they told me it was illegal. I asked them to verify the db and they didn't have a meter. they were just giving me some friendly advice they said. I found out this year that my childs classmates dad is in charge of the "toy" division (as I call it) for the police so I am going to contact him and see what is up. I have heard rumer that this year they have meters and will be isueing tickets. Also if you get a ticket sled will not be allowed to leave that spot with that can on it. When I find out I will let you guys know.

classic_rider

SLP will tell you anything to sell their stuff,,,,,anything other than stock is illegal,,,,,,,,
but if ya lay off the throttle in town,,,,it should be ok,,,,,,,JMO....

General Lee

As stated above, use your head: stay off the pipe when you see 5.0, stay off the pipe when in town. As long as you do that and have your stickers in the right place, you'll be fine. We turn "up" the sound when approaching these tards that like to park and take a break right on the side of the trail.......and most have the nerve to give US the dirty look!