Cargo van shelving recommendations

dfattack

I plan on buying a Chevy express cargo van and would like to set it up with shelving. I would prefer to get some type of kit installed since I don't have the time or knowledge on how to install my own. Does anyone recommend a brand name of shelving? I see quite a few online and wanted to get some advice from others on here who may have experience with this. It's not for a particular trade, but for general handy man type setup.

dfattack

Hey Don. No that's not really what I was looking for.

More like this. This brand is what the dealer sends their vans out to get but wanted to know if anyone has used a brand of shelving like this that give me pros and cons. I'm not committed to use what the dealer suggests and can do what I want.

chunk06

I see nice used Adrian Steel and Weatherguard units on Marketplace and Craigslist all the time, both are good brands. The GM cargo vans have been the same for years so plenty of them on the used market. New prices are crazy. The steel units can drive some people crazy from the noise so some people like to do builds out of wood, doesn't sound like you want to do that though.

dfattack

Chunk. If I was capable of installing wood I probably would for the noise reason. Didn't even think about that. However, I would have to hire someone to do it since it's not a project I could take on. I won't be the one driving this van. I have an employee who does maintenance for me that needs a van and I'm tired of dumping good money into a van that isn't worth anything. Thank you for your thoughts on this. I figured there would be plenty of experience or knowledge of this topic on here.

chunk06

Adrian Steel, Weatherguard ,Knapheide and Reading are all good brands. Websites like Elitetruck.com is a good one to look at and price check against a local company. Not sure if you are budgeting new or used but a quick Marketplace search has a ton of hits, especially if you are close to a big city. Like I said the prices on this stuff new is high. Another option that is popular is using a modular toolbox system like the Milwaukee Packout. That might be a great option depending on what kind of maintenance business you are into. And don'f forget a van bulkhead/partion. I shake my head when I see people driving vans around full of tools and supplies without one. Good luck with your search.