Carter's Corner.....2018-2019 Snow Reports and snow talk from Togwotee Lodge

carter

Here we go again.....looking forward to another amazing year of riding and fun in the snow. I'll do my best to keep you all updated as we go......feel free to ask the questions, and if I don't know the answers I'll find them out. Togwotee, "The Greatest Show on Snow"....

JasonF

Hey Carter, You guys going to have some new guides out there this year?

We booked a while back for a week in Feb but Aramark showed no guides were available. Just figured I'd call to rental shop Dec 1 to get the real scoop.

carter

Jason, as you know, the best way to get the real skinny is to call the rental shop. Got to wonder if the week you booked is already full, and there isn't a guide. BUT........Joel is majic about that. C- Res. has to go by the book and Joel can tweek the board. Not to worry......yes we will have a couple of new guides. That should not affect things. We will get them up and runing and make sure they know some dirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't like to do this......weather is showing a big dump here in town on Saturday. 5-8 inches.....I can only hope we have ground freeze up top so if any of the storm goes that way is stays on the ground. Usually the first 2 weeks in Nov. are teasers.......snow then melt.....hope not...." do the dance".....

carter

The update is....went to 1-3 then rain, then 1-3 tomorrow, then rain. SEE........at least she is trying....

carter

A wake up suprise.....3 on the ground in town....looked at the parking lot webcam and it looks like the yard got 4 or 5......looked at the webcam on Togwotee pass and it got a lot.......forcast in town is in the 30's so up top it will be colder and maybe holding the snow.....smiles...

carter

Big dump coming.....they say 8 to 12......I've had enough of waiting........yeah I know....early......kick the snow gods in the rear......eat lots of turkey.....

carter

So, they finally updated the webcam. Lots of snow in the parking lot. Remember, what we get in the lot is double at 10,000 feet. So I say its looking good. I'll be up there on Tues for a refresher course in Avy stuff and I'll have a look and let you know. My guide sled is put together and ready to rip........Dance, Dance, Dance...........

carter

It's suprising when and where info comes my way. Talked to a local friend who rode last weekend. Over the windshield deep and of course early season bottomless powder. He said it was a great day riding......

Treefinder

Hey everyone was talking with Carter this week and told him we were up at Togwoetee last Sunday went up in game creek there was 3' of bottom less powder we are going up again tomorrow I will get more pics 20181125_115812.jpg

carter

Went up Tuesday afternoon to do a refresher course on Avy training.....took the 850 for a quick spin around the parking lot...oh boy......and that's all I'll say for now. Nathan says its good riding. He can't do much but did get a few turns. Not trying to be vague but my first day out will be Monday the 10th......more later...

carter

Thursday was my first day out.......heard of one A-arm mishap.......I found good snow and no rocks..had several chances to kiss the snow......going to take some getting used to the narrow front end on my guide sled. 2 face plants........one got bucked off and 2 stuck got to be the sled........more later......

carter

Fresh snow.....6 inches, and a bit colder got some good powder riding up high. Supposed to drop a few more as the week goes on...I see good riding for the Christmas crowd. Come on out......

carter

10 inches on the way......still finding good powder......got to know where it is and a bit of a trek to get to it. Friday was a really good day.

carter

I've been slow at this of late...pinched nerve in my lower back, and down my leg....all I can do is lay down at nite to relieve the pain.....so, we are getting snow.......conditions are actually good......in a flow right now...maybe another 12 inches by Tuesday nite.....the 850 guide sled is being ridden...no longer riding me.......except that one time.......come on out...you will like it......more later....

carter

For those of you thinking about it......conditions are real good. Last few small dumps have made it. A bunch more small dumps on the way.......come on out......