Carter's Corner----2019-2020 Snow Reports and snow talk from Togwotee Lodge

carter

This may sound weird to some....it's a career thing...it's a riding thing.....it's an addiction thing......it's a comarade thing....on my 300 mile Harley ride yesterday I thought about not riding 100 days a year on a sled. What would I do with myself? I know 10 or 15 days would NOT work........so I feed the addiction......."I ride because the voices in my head tell me to".......come on winter.......

carter

So, mother nature is playing with us.......snow.....wet sloppy sticking in the grass stuff. The mountain tops should get some stay for the winter stuff...sure gets the juices flowing...

carter

Take a look at the web cam at Togwotee.....it's through Youtube.....and it;s live....kinda cool watching it snow.

fireworks

Finishing up all my projects around the house for the year. Getting ready for another winter out west. Doesn't look like we will be riding Two Oceans first weekend of November like I have in the past couple years. I will take the cooler temps and cool down the ground before epic dumps start.

carter

You guys know how this works.....a little bit here a little bit there.....got some last nite....the road over Togwotee pass looks like a fun drive......and maybe 2 plus in the yard. This is the time of year to become impatient, that snow dance doesn't work......maybe if I cuss someone out he will start dropping tons....or maybe not...LOL.....anyway, Thanksgiving is upon us......and this too will start soon.......

JasonF

You guys know how this works.....a little bit here a little bit there.....got some last nite....the road over Togwotee pass looks like a fun drive......and maybe 2 plus in the yard. This is the time of year to become impatient, that snow dance doesn't work......maybe if I cuss someone out he will start dropping tons....or maybe not...LOL.....anyway, Thanksgiving is upon us......and this too will start soon.......

Good to hear your up for whatever it takes to get those flakes flying! Well be back out the third week in January!

carter

So, today I'm headed to Pinedale to pick up my 850.....warranty work and a couple of things done to it......picked up yesterday's paper to find front page picture of 2 sledders up in the area pushing 3 feet. Not bad considering we have grass in town. My sled has to make it up there tomorrow so I will have a good look around. I admit I was suprised at the picture. Sure hope it's true.....what a suprise.......

carter

Took 2 sleds up to Togwotee yesterday......didn't forget to drive up to the top of the pass. Over all there is a foot plus.....some of the hidden meadows, hidden from the wind, had a little more, some ravine banks had 18 plus. Lots of tracks, early season riders breaking in new equipment, and those other crazies. Supposed to storm up there all week. Oh, and everyone have a wonderful thanksgiving...

mrbb

[h=2]Togwotee, got hit with a ton of snow last night and all day today, seen countless sleds, snow bikes and groomers on there live cam all day long, looks like just awesome conditions for this time of yr[/h]
I wish I lived closer

fireworks

Been a slow start to season. Here's from Nov 6, 2017 Two Ocean's. Can't seem to find last year's photos. Thank gosh it is finally snowing. Snotels are back on track.
18312.jpeg IMG_20171105_115008943.jpg

Last edited:

fireworks

Yes and no. No short of the long story yet. Gonna do some family riding in UP till the 27. However, I am looking for someone to haul my 850 out to Jackson week of the 20th. Anyone going to Jackson?

JasonF

Yes and no. No short of the long story yet. Gonna do some family riding in UP till the 27. However, I am looking for someone to haul my 850 out to Jackson week of the 20th. Anyone going to Jackson?

We are leaving for Tog Jan 18th but not sure yet if we will have a open spot in the trailer.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw on facebook yesterday a guy got caught in an avy at Togwotee. He was ok, head stayed up out of the snow, but he was buried up to his neck.

carter

For those about to travel to Togwotee, the riding is fantastic right now. 2-3 foot deep powder, and not a lot of people here, It's doing the 1-2 inch thing for the next bunch of days. Really good riding now.....

carter

The plow is out.....8 inches expected in the next 36 hours with those pesky 2 inchers after that. Going to need a snorkel soon.