Caution Driving South of Watersmeet On Interstates

whitedust

Euphoria, Venture North and Myself all drove home south of Watersmeet saw countless accidents several close calls idiots cutting me off same for Euphoria and Venture North. We left at different times different routes home this morning. I took 45-17-8-51–39-10-41-45-43- south home all were slippery and snow or slush covered. Several serious multi vehicle accidents left , right or middle some overturned. So if driving north today or night be carful. The reward is great when you get to Tomahawk north trail co conditions are good to excellent just get there safely 👍

snobuilder

Euphoria, Venture North and Myself all drove home south of Watersmeet saw countless accidents several close calls idiots cutting me off same for Euphoria and Venture North. We left at different times different routes home this morning. I took 45-17-8-51–39-10-41-45-43- south home all were slippery and snow or slush covered. Several serious multi vehicle accidents left , right or middle some overturned. So if driving north today or night be carful. The reward is great when you get to Tomahawk north trail co conditions are good to excellent just get there safely 👍
been snowing since you left...go back.

euphoric1

I have a 27' enclosed trailer, steel frame and a 1 ton diesel truck so I am not light by any means, on the stretch of 45 before where meets 41 I almost lost it 4 times, one time I saw the entire side of the trailer in my mirror, afterwards I pulled over and gathered myself because I thought it was all over. Guys BE CAREFUL, snow was blowing over roadway and it was extremely slippery going over and under bridges. So to all my fellow Jd'rs.... be safe out there!!!

racerx

That is a good warning to all as roads may look ok but they are often deceiving. I was heading down to Eagle from Lando this evening and was trying to keep up with traffic doing 55+ just south of conover and then had the truck sliding sideways a couple times so I backed it down a bit. The roads looked somewhat clear as it was all black but it was various patches of black ice which was hard to see as the light was fading as the wind blown snow was melting as people drove thru then freezing with the dropping temps. So be careful for those that are traveling.

eagle1

I've had my fill of trailering already this year........worst was fog from Wausau to Fox Cities......can't believe there wasn't a pile up that night.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in Price County this weekend.. I had it in 4 Wheel Drive all the way up, that seemed to help. Hope it's better on Sunday.

euphoric1

Glad you guys made it home sorry to here such a crappy ride, at least the snowmobiling was good.
snowmobiling was AWESOME!! was nice to ride with you on Wednesday and running into you in groomer at the bottom of 3 that was cool! and a big hats off to you and your club as the trails you maintain were excellent to say the least.

whitedust

Glad you guys made it home sorry to here such a crappy ride, at least the snowmobiling was good.
Thanks Jim too bad we had to leave. I’m catching up on all the Interstate pile ups yesterday this morning on TV Janesville and Kenosha had to shut down for like 4-5 hours. I thought we had it bad with our commute with lots of accidents but really bad at IL/WI border.

snobuilder

Thanks Jim too bad we had to leave. I’m catching up on all the Interstate pile ups yesterday this morning on TV Janesville and Kenosha had to shut down for like 4-5 hours. I thought we had it bad with our commute with lots of accidents but really bad at IL/WI border.
I heard they are blaming black guys for starting the wrecks....sounds racist, and I'm not even WOKE!

rph130

I got stuck in both of those crashes yesterday in southern Wisconsin. Left Presque Isle 10 am. Snow all the way to Wausau. Roads got better south 51 to Portage . Got a call from a friend in Chicago asking where we were at. I was in Madison and he told me 40-50 car pile-up on 39/90 N/B in Janesville. I didn't care as I was S/B. Just past the 90/94 split the electronic highway advisory sign said all lanes N/B and S/B closed. Got off on Hwy 12 in Madison, headed west again and took 94 split towards Milwaukee instead of 90 to Chicago. Roads ok until Racine, then sleet/rain and slippery. In Kenosha I noticed no traffic N/B 94. Another huge pile up in Pleasant Prairie with all N/B traffic stopped and diverted at Illinois state line. Miles and miles of stopped traffic. 7.5 hour trip from hell from P.I. to north side of Chicago when normally it would take 5.5 hours. Saw today on news that both of those crashes had highway closed until after 8pm last night.

saber1

Got caught in it too coming back from North shore added 2 hrs to our trip.My trailer slid a few times scared the crap out of me so i slowed it down to 55 and always let go of gas going over bridges.

whitedust

Dfattack on the move south today no trailer sure hope he has better luck than euphoria and I did yesterday. Strange thing I found was trailer got squirrely going under bridges of over passes even in 4 wheel drive. Forecast is 6-10” today for Racine county. Be safe everyone!