Central Wisconsin - Waupaca to Door Co.

Snirtdawg

With the recent snowfall, are any counties scheduled to open anytime soon, or is the unfrozen ground going not allow any openings? Trying to get a shakedown ride in for Saturday.

bubbalaris

Most clubs in Waupaca Co are panning. Lots of verrrrry wet area's. Some fields almost bare from drifting. I don't think opening this week or by the weekend has ANY chance of happening. Need more snow and some zero degree nights.

dothedoo

Yeah, can't imagine they would. Plenty of snow in some areas, bare fields, and lots of water. Saw a section of trail groomed near Plover today, but nothing in Waupaca or Outagamie(that I saw anyway). Even with all the snow, the RR grade East of New London had long stretches of bare gravel.

packerlandrider

Both of our club's groomers were out tonight (Algoma of Kewaunee County). Tractor and drag went and did our entire section of the Ahnapee; sounded like it went pretty good. The Tucker (without drag) went and drove a good portion of the non-RR grade trails to pack snow down and break up the swamps it could reasonably get through. Boy the Tucker was working at times, even without the drag... (First time I've seen a ditch trail so deep that we were pushing snow with the windshield... :) ) Honestly, there were fewer wet spots than I was expecting, but all it takes is a couple swamps that look like lakes to put a damper on things :( Thankfully, we found very few bare spots due to the sheer amount of snow!

Even with writing off the infamous Black Ash swamp for the year, it is probably going to take a while for our club's trails to open. A couple of the really bad swamps can be rerouted around, but until every thing is considered "safe" things will remain closed.