Chain case oil

royale189

Put my sled in the water last night was wondering what oil I should run in my chain case I have a 2000 Xc 700 Polaris

rvrbum4

For a cheap flush (and I also recommend this as snobuilder mentioned), use cheap automatic trans fluid. Put it in and go for a ride, then drain it. After flushed out you can use a synthetic trans fluid for a cheaper solution or go with an actual synthetic chaincase lube. I used synthetic trans fluid for years with no issues.
I have had issues with my Polaris sleds when I tried running synthetic blend 75-90 gear lube. It's too thick and causes excess stress on the 5/16" bolt that holds the lower gear on and can (and has for me more than once) break the bolt. Then you have a grenade floating around in there that can destroy the chain and/or chaincase (also happened to me more than once).

royale189

Hahhaha seld was in and out of the water within 45min. We had the sled torn down and drying out by 4am. Drained the fuel and carbs. Put back together by 530 the next afternoon and fired up on the first pull.

ezra

the seat thing is real lol. bud sank a old yammi when it got real cold seat was a rock. put sheet 3/4 plywood over it and drove over it a few times in the shop

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried the plywood trick a couple of times, and kept it in one of the ovens at work for 3 hours at 250 degrees. It was still pretty hard when temps got below 0.