Changing Brands

MaxdOut10

I am looking to possibly switch from a 2010 Ski Doo tnt 600 to an Arctic Cat 2010 crossfire 800. I want a sled good for trail and off trail. Any thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages?.... I found a great deal on the crossfire, that is my main reason for switching brands.

I had a crossfire 700 before my Renegade BC I have now and loved it. Never had a problem for 5 years, always started on first or second pull. Nothing but good to say about the crossfire. I switched to skidoo and so far have had great luck and really enjoy the ride. All brands are good and all have some problems. I think you would love it, especially going from a 600 to an 800.

ezra

is it a crossfire RR that is a 128 track or a regular crossfire?
the 128 will be a way better trail sled than a regular crossfire .
the 800 is a great power plant powerful and bullet proof
and off trail a great crossover.
on trail deff a step down from your doo.
I am not a fan of the float skid on trail .it is great off trail deff designed as a mountain skid.
and the 128 crossfire more or less a fire cat was built as the trail sled.

thing is NO crossover will do both great it is a compromise both on trail and off trail.
any one who says any diff is a lyre or has on some big blinders.
IMHO u have to decide what u enjoy the most and buy the sled that is built for that task.
I and many many others have built /bought /modified many sleds to make them do both and it is always disappointment.
if u want a trail runner buy a nice trail runner and a old m7 boondocker.
if off trail is your thing buy a nice Mountian sled and a old trail sled.
but hey u can buy the crossfire use it this yr after u figure out u want and need a mountain sled the crossfire will hold its value always a guy wanting to go down the crossover market for a few yrs

snoluver1

I agree with just about everything ezra just said with one exception. If you want to make it a great mountain sled all you need is a track. The 2010 is a 141, which is the same length as the original M7 which could go down in history as one of the best mountain sleds ever built for all around perfomance/reliability. You can swap them back and forth in less than an hour if you want to go back to a "crossover". Of course even in crossover form it will hardly compare to the doo on the trail.

ezra

track a arms shocks steering arms .
then yep u have a 141 mountain cat
but the m will still lay over pretty ez with the HCR x fire f end.
thing is if u are a great rider u can run a 121 in the trees if not great or just ok to good u wont be digging as much with a long track.
I say go long after u master that then move down to a 141 if u want a challenge

Last edited: