Chetek, Rice Lake, Spooner Area

snowchief

Thinking of taking family over to this area Superbowl weekend I know slot can change by then but how are conditions now in this area. I have stayed on long lake east of Spooner but does anyone know of some nice resorts within this area or not to far out from it or good family friendly hotels with pool that are on the trail and have

I left from Rice Lake on Sunday and conditions were very good, we rode all the way to Copper Harbor and back down getting back to the trailer last night. Everything in between was fantastic especially the last few days after the clean up from the weekend. I would assume Chetek and Spooner are good as well. Our travels took us through Bergland, Houghton, Copper Harbor, Watersmeet, Presque Isle, Butternut and Park Falls. A few bumps over by Lake of the Clouds. All of northern Wisconsin was very good, but Watersmeet trails were amazing on Tuesday night.

SledTL

Holy crap, what was the mileage on that?? That sounds like an awesome trip to be able to take.

D

Deleted member 10829

Spooner area trails are in very good condition. This warm weather will not help if traffic gets heavy as they won't hold firm. Right on the trail in Spooner is a Best Western with pool.

A total of 730 miles in four days, a bit aggressive but we decided we had the whole summer to rest. I leave Sunday again until the following Saturday with some club members for another traveling trip. This one we hope to do the southern part of the UP including but not limited to Watersmeet to start the week off, Manistique, Saint Ignace, De Tour Village, Brimley and if possible also Mackinac and Drummond Island. Then work our way back. Hoping for good snow in the southern UP but if not we will detour north.

WorkHardPlayHrd

A total of 730 miles in four days, a bit aggressive but we decided we had the whole summer to rest. I leave Sunday again until the following Saturday with some club members for another traveling trip. This one we hope to do the southern part of the UP including but not limited to Watersmeet to start the week off, Manistique, Saint Ignace, De Tour Village, Brimley and if possible also Mackinac and Drummond Island. Then work our way back. Hoping for good snow in the southern UP but if not we will detour north.

You need to try and find an update for Manistique east on trail 2 through the Bear Creek swamp. As of one week ago I had cousins up there that said that stretch had still not been opened. If that's still closed you'll be running the Haywire up to Shingleton and then east on 8. Not that that's bad, I love the Haywire, but it will really change the mileage you will need to do for that part of your trip. I hope you have a great trip.

snowchief

I left from Rice Lake on Sunday and conditions were very good, we rode all the way to Copper Harbor and back down getting back to the trailer last night. Everything in between was fantastic especially the last few days after the clean up from the weekend. I would assume Chetek and Spooner are good as well. Our travels took us through Bergland, Houghton, Copper Harbor, Watersmeet, Presque Isle, Butternut and Park Falls. A few bumps over by Lake of the Clouds. All of northern Wisconsin was very good, but Watersmeet trails were amazing on Tuesday night.

Sounds like an amazing time

Thanks for the update on trail 2, I think as of this morning we are changing the route to better known snow areas. We will do a trip somewhat similar to the one last week with the addition of a few new stops like Big Bay. Just don’t want to chance having bad snow somewhere. Thinking about starting in northern Wisconsin somewhere and riding but haven’t picked out the spot yet.

xcr440

Plenty of snow, as long as they are grooming (Which there was grooming on Sunday morning on my way home through Rice Lake) you will have no issues - go ride with confidence.

D

Deleted member 10829

I was out grooming last night and the trails in our area are very good! Our club is in Burnett County, about 10-15 miles NW of Spooner and we cover from the county line near Lipsett Lake up through the Webb Lake area. The cooler temps have helped quite a bit.

xcr440

I was out grooming last night and the trails in our area are very good! Our club is in Burnett County, about 10-15 miles NW of Spooner and we cover from the county line near Lipsett Lake up through the Webb Lake area. The cooler temps have helped quite a bit.

Were you grooming Friday afternoon/evening? We met some gals at the bar across the street from the NextGen Powersports there who said they were riding while their husbands were grooming! I even had to pull the rope for one, as her electric start battery was dead/dying....

D

Deleted member 10829

Were you grooming Friday afternoon/evening? We met some gals at the bar across the street from the NextGen Powersports there who said they were riding while their husbands were grooming! I even had to pull the rope for one, as her electric start battery was dead/dying....

You must have been at The Cabaret. I was grooming Friday night but on our south end, mostly south of County Roads A&H, and my wife rarely rides anymore. I'm trying to remember who was grooming Friday night up there, I have 7 volunteer groomers in the Webb Lake area.

xcr440

You must have been at The Cabaret. I was grooming Friday night but on our south end, mostly south of County Roads A&H, and my wife rarely rides anymore. I'm trying to remember who was grooming Friday night up there, I have 7 volunteer groomers in the Webb Lake area.

That would have been it! Hats off, trails were really good..... Thank you.