Chippewa Flowage area, Sawyer, Washburn counties

goofygus

If you’re heading to this area, bring a chainsaw and a strong back. The trials are mostly blocked by downed trees. As far as getting groomers out…in some sections it’d be almost like trying to drive a snow plow through a forest. Here’s the Tuscobia yesterday near Yarnell:
CE82A445-0F45-4CEC-93D1-DF9EAB59AF08.jpeg
5FE15EF3-E8D3-43C8-98C8-D60CF554C64C.jpeg

It’s like this all over the area. If you can, come on up and help clear the trails.

mspease

We are in the same boat here in Burnett County. Tomorrow will be my 5th day out of 7 that I have been out on the trails. It's the worst I have ever seen. We had one spot that took a crew 3 hours to go 1 mile.

goofygus

Thanks for your hard work! I agree…in 40 years coming up here, I can’t recall it being this bad. However, progress is being made. My daughter and I went out and “bonded” by clearing some areas. Here’s the area from the first photo now:
F2B895F4-FFBE-4BD8-B5A7-3F64E0ACF381.jpeg
992807C2-96DC-446D-95E9-A42066A35104.jpeg

pclark

Thanks for your hard work! I agree…in 40 years coming up here, I can’t recall it being this bad. However, progress is being made. My daughter and I went out and “bonded” by clearing some areas. Here’s the area from the first photo now:
View attachment 67653
View attachment 67654
Thanks for doing what you guys and gals! We didn't get as much downfall over here in Vilas but if that wind comes in like the say it's supposed to we have a lot of white pines loaded and ready to snap I think. Vilas County opens Friday 8am , hopefully people will help clear if need be. I won't be riding until after New Years as we are traveling for Holidays but once things settle down I report on conditions over here.