Christmas Temps 40 Degrees...Over or Under???

mezz

Under 40 for sure. Though, anything can happen at any given time, I've seen 50 to 60 in late December with a couple riding their Harley dressed as Santa & Mrs. Clause!:sour: I was not a happy camper that year ('92-93?) Nonetheless, that was quite a while ago, but, like I said, anything can happen, I just don't see that happening this year. Our weather pattern has been a roller coaster ride since last Dec, things are going to change eventually & once we do turn that corner, well, you know.:biggrin:-Mezz

Highflyer

Hearing warm temps across the country for Christmas...
Your guess over or under 40 degrees in the UP?

This is hilarious! Would love to know who told you this information. Likely some useless MSM type who is just looking for website clicks. That's a very broad statement to get nervous about.

I'll go with under 40 degrees though for the sake of the thread.

G

G

Christmas is 2 months out. They can't ge it right 2 days out. I'll bite though and say under. They are talking 16 for a low for here a week from now. I don't believe that either. Although it would be nice.

whitedust

Christmas is 2 months out. They can't ge it right 2 days out. I'll bite though and say under. They are talking 16 for a low for here a week from now. I don't believe that either. Although it would be nice.

Yep if you follow Alaska and northern Canada weather it's happening just a matter of time until it moves into MN and WI. Yes it is warm today but colder Saturday and downward all week.

T

Tracker

never had a bad xmas yet...last year even was good for us...maybe 3 to 4 feet deep it twas....and FYI...all you really need is a layer of wet leaves...I have rode the ALLEGAN FOREST only on wet leaves and it wasn't bad at all....nothing wore out...not even slides...and all you non believers that nothing wears out...its because I lengthen the limiters and lower the track until its vehicle cone index number is ZERO...flat....more torque...more traction....better steering....faster top end...and less wear...win win win win....LMAO

heres what it looked like...good to go

Stack

never had a bad xmas yet...last year even was good for us...maybe 3 to 4 feet deep it twas....and FYI...all you really need is a layer of wet leaves...I have rode the ALLEGAN FOREST only on wet leaves and it wasn't bad at all....nothing wore out...not even slides...and all you non believers that nothing wears out...its because I lengthen the limiters and lower the track until its vehicle cone index number is ZERO...flat....more torque...more traction....better steering....faster top end...and less wear...win win win win....LMAO

heres what it looked like...good to go

Tracker, I like your positive outlook! Too early in the season for all the “doom and gloom” or “The Sky is Falling” on this forum, my goodness there was enough of that last season, and here it starts again in October! Think positive and you will attract positive things!

-Stack

xcr440

Trying to guess any temp more than a week or two out is a total crap shoot.

Last year we had -15 in mid-December. This shot was taken December 19th, it was -10 when I took this, and the trail was practically concrete.

Then like a sharp stick in the eye, 2" of rain on Christmas day.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 11
T

Tracker

Tracker, I like your positive outlook! Too early in the season for all the “doom and gloom” or “The Sky is Falling” on this forum, my goodness there was enough of that last season, and here it starts again in October! Think positive and you will attract positive things!

-Stack

Trying to guess any temp more than a week or two out is a total crap shoot.

Last year we had -15 in mid-December. This shot was taken December 19th, it was -10 when I took this, and the trail was practically concrete.

Then like a sharp stick in the eye, 2" of rain on Christmas day.

rain aint bad fellas...and thanx STACK....all rain does is grip the skis...notice ski lift in turns...it am gonna be good...never ever had a bad time sledding....personally....the earth is out 2 months and is adjusting itself....this is why its warm when it should be cold and vice versa....and nature will always prevail....I think it will oscillate towards more snow these next 2 years

eagle1

Well for UP I'll go with the under. Hoping, since I'm booked for Houghton week before.
For Fox Valley I'd probably go with the over.
.......Come on winter!!!!!!!!!