Chronic dirty carbs

snake

On the Mikini carbs on Polaris, would pulling the water trap plug drain the bowl and eliminating any chance of residue?

this is a crap shoot,but a good practice to do anyway,and its nice to take them off and dump into a container and see what you got.use stabil!!!being a technician for 30 years I've seen it work,AND IT DOES!!!!no need to run it out of fuel either. it is SO simple and easier than any other process,just put it in and run it!! I still recomend pulling bowls off b4 each season just to be safe.stabil prevents fuel from varnishing but wont help with dirt. we have been using the marine grade stabil for the last several years as it has more lubricity to it which is better for carbs,electric pumps and injectors. we winterize over 600 boats each fall with stabil.

Snake nailed it on the head! Stabil Marine Grade/Ethanol Treatment puts sea foam to shame!! I use stabil in all the sleds i got and all that i work on throughout the season, After i do a carb clean for someone i always suck out the gas, new fuel filter and get new Non-eth gas and add the marine Stabil or ill do sea foam if they will be using it right away. Never have any comebacks, and i usually sell them a bottle of stabil to use at the end of the year

F8SnoPro

Used a can of Seafoam today with 2 gallons of fresh premium injectors are back in like new condition after a year of storage. Quite the smoke and stench at first from summarized storage. Seafoam in my opinion is as good as it gets for snowmobile purposes.

yes if your goin to be running the sled now seafoam is best.
If your carbs are already dirty your screwed, But to prevent that treat the gas with marine stabil before storage